Chapter 17 : twitchcon

TW: none of the info in this chapter is real and also i'll be calling ranboo ranboo cuz his real name isn't public

Ray was sitting in her gaming chair, curled up into a small ball with her knees pressed against her chest and her arms encircled around them

Ray was sitting in her gaming chair, curled up into a small ball with her knees pressed against her chest and her arms encircled around them. She was spacing out, head tilted as her eyes stared off at the darkness outside her window.

She didn't even realize what the group she was in a call with was talking about, until a sudden loud sound came through her headphones.

"RAY!"

"Huh?" The girl was slapped back into reality, snapping towards her computer screens.

"Were you spacing out?" Tubbo asked, a hint of innocent amusement in his voice.

"Oh... yeah, I was, sorry." Ray muttered.

"You alright?" Ranboo's voice came through.

"Yeah, yeah, just a lot of school work and stuff." The girl smiled, letting her feet touch the ground again as she adjusted herself in her seat. "What's up? Especially with you Alex, you almost broke my fucking ear drums."

"Sorry chika. I was talking about vidcon. Are you thinking about attending?" Quackity's voice was hype as usual, especially because it was rather early in the morning in the US.

"Twitchcon?" Ray asked hesitantly.

She had honestly forgotten about the whole event with everything she had going on in her life. But because he had mentioned it, she realized that there were about 2 weeks until the European event, and 2 and a half until the US one.

But that wasn't why she wasn't super excited about the idea. She was a faceless streamer. Unless she wanted to do a face reveal, it wouldn't be really convenient for her to go. She already felt the icy anxiety crawling up her spine.

"Uhmmm..." Ray hummed aloud. "Ranboo? Are you going?"

"I'm still thinking about it. I think I might. I'll probably just keep my cosplay on the entire thing." Ranboo assured her.

"Isn't that a little risky? There is a chance that your face will get leaked."

"I guess I'm willing to take that risk." She could hear him shrugging. "To be honest I've never interacted with fans like in real life so I think it'll be a fun experience."

Ray bit down on her bottom lip anxiously, his side of view giving him mixed feelings.

Quackity was quick to jump in, already feeling her discomfort. "No pressure, you don't have to go if you aren't feeling it. Especially because you'll have to fly to a completely different country."

"Yeah, he's right. If you feel uncomfortable, you shouldn't force yourself to do anything." Ranboo assured.

"Thanks guys." Ray beamed, her mood clearing in the slightest.

"Oh but Ray, you may wanna hear this." Tubbo suddenly came through, grabbing all of their attention. "Actually, twitchcon EU is happening in London this year. Some of us are planning to meet up for it a day early and we'll rent an air bnb for the people who aren't from there. Even if you're not going to attend twitchcon, it would be cool if you could hang out with us."

"Even you, alex and ranboo?" Ray asked, eye brows shooting up in shock.

"Yeah. Then everyone will go on a flight back to the US where we'll do the same thing in LA, where twitchcon is happening." Alex exclaimed excitedly. "I don't know about everyone else, but I sure as hell would be happy to see you."

"Surely everyone does." Ranboo laughed out. "You're not unique."

"Okay, I guess I'll think about it then. Twitchcon does happen to fall on a holiday week here in the UK..." Ray thought out aloud, immediately causing a ruckus of a reaction.

The four of them continued talking, simply having fun as they usually would before someone new joined the call.

"Yooo, Tomasss!" Alex exclaimed jokingly, imitating his usual Mexican accent.

"What's up everyone." Tommy called out. "Except Ray, I could care less about what's up with you."

"Are you serious." Ray muttered in a monotone voice, rolling her eyes. "Maybe if you were a little nicer to me, I'll be nice to you too. Ever thought about that?"

"Nahh, it's not worth it being nice to you." Tommy spoke out sarcastically, driving them into yet another pointless and aggressive argument.

🡆

Philza minecraft was on stream, doing his hardcore things like basically every day. Chill streams were very enjoyable because they allowed him to just have fun whilst playing the game whilst also interacting with the viewers.

Suddenly, a donation of 15 pounds came through, grabbing Philza's attention.

londonmcytwatcher donated £15
hello philza, i've been having a wonderful time here so I've decided to donate. Question: among the many members of the dream smp, are there any that don't get along in real life? Hope you have an amazing stream!

"Thank you for the 15 pounds donation." Philza waited out until the donation was fully read out by the mechanism before speaking again. "I'm glad you're having a good time. And about the question, hmmm..."

It was clear that he was a bit hesitant to speak, and he was quick to express it. "I'm not sure whether I should really be saying this but yeah, yeah there is." Philza laughed out.

"As far as I know, there are only two people on the dream smp that hate each other with literally such a burning passion. And I think it comes to no surprise that one of them is Tommy, and the other is Ray." Philza continued chuckling. "They just... can't get along by any means and it's honestly so hilarious."

And after that, he moved on and completely forgot about the question.

oo philza spilled the tea