Chapter 68 Hell is empty....

(Little note. They're all speaking french)

Third pov

Stepping into the classroom Damian was immediately greeted by the teacher.

"Hello mr Wayne. Would you be alright with introducing yourself to the class or do you want to take your seat?" Mr Coleman asked.

"I'd rather take my seat, if that's alright."

Mr Coleman nods before facing the class to adress them. "Alright everyone, we have a new student with us today. His name is Damian and i expect you to treat him well. Damian, you can take a seat beside Marinette."

Damian has to say that he finds the class just a bit more interesting than infuriating this time around.

There is a clear divide in the class.

The Rossi girl seem to only really have Cesair on her side, and even she is distracted.

There's a lot of students who seem withdrawn, though they do give him friendly nods as he makes his way up to where Marinette has her face hidden in a sketchbook.

To Damian's amusement it takes him sitting down and for Mr Coleman to start the lecture for her to look up and notice him.

"Damian!" She tugs him into a hug.

"I'm glad to see you beloved." He whispers to her.

Time skip

"When did you arrive?"

Damian shrugged. "Last night. Figured it'd be a surprise."

Marinette is smiling from ear to ear and looking happier than he's seen her in a long time. "I'm so glad you're here. How was the flight? Did Tim end up coming too?"

"Tim is currently in a board meeting about staying here for some time, and the flight was good. Now, how have you been?"

The two of them had found a corner in the school library during the lunch break.

"I've been good?"

"Are you asking me or telling me?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Uh, telling you? Things have been hectic but alright." She answers.

He didn't really believe that but decided not to push it. Instead they dig into their lunches.

"How's everything going? Is Gotham alright?" Marinette asks after swallowing her pasta.

"It's alright. Batman and Oracle is keeping eyes on things so us ordinary people don't have to worry." He answers, putting a couple strawberries in her lunchbox.

"That's good. I've missed you guys."

"We've missed you too, beloved."

They finished their lunches before going to the next class, both knowing that there's more to talk about but not while at school.

************************************************************

Tim was just getting ready to end a board meeting when the alarm went off and they had to be aware of an akuma.

"It's close to here. We should evacute the higher floors. Don't worry mr Wayne, we're used to this." One of the employees tells him.

"You have the most experience in this, I'll follow your lead." Tim replies.

The other man seems content with that and leads him to a room on the lower floor where there's about five other people watching the fight on a bigger screen.