Chapter 13 - Traditions

This was a whole new experience for Asher and he for once was glad that the castle had been momentarily disenchanted as he worked to calm his body down.

He hadn't prepared himself to ever do something like that, and he certainly hadn't expected himself to get off on helping the Prince with his little problem.

With his elongated knuckles, hook-like claws, serpentine tail, goat legs, creepy yellow eyes and the lack of ears all covered up by tufts of black fur, he really wasn't attractive...

So why the hell did Asher's body react!?

He had never taken an interest in anyone before. Not that he'd had many opportunities, but even when Theo showed up he still felt disinterest. Now that he was finally reacting, he couldn't help wondering if there was something wrong with him?

Who the hell gets aroused by monster dick?

This was definitely a problem and he had to make sure no one found out. Especially not the Prince.

He honestly hadn't thought his actions through when he offered to do the deed. Asher just wanted to be helpful and thought that he'd be doing the Prince a favor. He was going through a lot at the moment, what with being cursed, harassed and left alone in the castle. Being sexually frustrated on top of that was not ideal.

Grabbing a cloth to clean himself off, Asher made a note to be more careful and crossed his fingers, hoping that it had just been a strange bodily reaction that would never happen again.

Early the next day, he got up at the crack of dawn to start what he assumed were the usual castle chores. Without a senior servant or guide to correct him, all he had was his intuition as he started lighting fires in the main parts of the castle to keep the winter cold out. Then he heated up the ovens and pulled out some eggs to prepare a breakfast platter.

It was nowhere near as pretty as the breakfast that the castle usually provided, but it would have to do if they didn't want to starve, so he ate his own portion quickly and carried the Prince's tray up to his room.

At the door, he hesitated to knock as the awkwardness of last night's actions caught up to him.

Will the beast want to see him? Will he think Asher had taken advantage of him? He tried to make it clear that that's not what he was doing but that didn't mean the beast would understand.

Eventually he decided he'd have to go in regardless of the atmosphere because the only other option was to starve the poor guy. So he called, "I'm coming in!" before pushing the door open and finding the beast sitting at a drawing desk, hunched over.

Asher walked over and set the food down, taking note that the beast was using his foreclaw to try and turn the page. His tall figure towered so high that he had to hunch over in order to read properly. He did take notice of the condition of the book as its spine and pages looked like someone had taken a pair of scissors to them.

"Need help?" He offered, but the beast shook his head.

As the creature continued to read, Asher started cutting up the eggs into bitesize pieces and held up the fork.

"Can I ask you a question?"

The beast noticed the eggs and leaned back, eyes focused on the servant now.

Asher took that as a 'yes' and began feeding him, taking note that the beast seemed less embarrassed than before.

"How long has she been...Visiting?" He'd been gone for weeks and wanted to know just how often the woman had harassed the poor guy while Asher was away.