chap. 2

It was around noon when (y/n) arrived in Wangshu Inn. She decided to stop by for some Jade Parcels.

Although she didn't have to eat (or sleep), Jade Parcels were just too irresistible in her opinion.

After ordering and receiving her food, (y/n) settled down on a table and started eating greedily. The taste of Ham filled her mouth and made her want to eat more.

There were only a few people here at the moment, since Wangshu Inn mostly became busy during the afternoon/evening, when the travelers and traders started to get ready for the night.

The plate was already empty after three minutes, leaving a hungry girl who longed for more Jade Parcels.

'I'm already short on Mora, I really shouldn't buy more..', she tried to convince herself with a hint of disappointment in her eyes.

An idea came into her mind- but she quickly shook her head after remembering what the adepti had said to her:

"Do not use your abilities to fool around with mortals, if you want to stay hidden"

A soft sigh escaped her mouth. She really should start earning Mora, somehow.

A few hundred years ago (y/n) was very likely to create illusions of Mora to pay, since she was quite poor. But the adepti started scolding her, so she stopped (against her own will).

She considered saying Hello to Xiao for a moment, but brushed that thought off- she had to deliver the flowers to Hina as fast as possible, before they started to welk without any water and care.

Plus, the Yaksha would probably disappear after two minutes of talking. He wasn't that much of a talker.

The girl slowly stood up and brought the dirty plate into the kitchen of the Inn.

(y/n) thanked the cook for the food with a warm smile, leaving him with wide-open eyes.

Finally, after many stops (y/n) arrived in Liyue Harbor.

The preparations for the Lantern Festival had already started: A few Xiao Lanterns floated in the sky and decorated several houses.

Food stands and Mini-Games were spread all over the harbor and people were chattering happily.

The girl entered the city and sighed to herself. 'How am I supposed to find Hina in this crowd..'

She decided to just stroll around and look for her near the shops.

Many kids ran past her and laughed with joy. Even a stranger would see that everyone was hyped for the Festival- it was a rare occasion after all.

The sun shone brightly at Liyue and the water sparkled at the reflection of the light.

"Hey, do you want to join the Adventure Guild?", a girl suddenly approached (y/n) with a big smile from behind, which startled her a bit.

She turned around stared at the person in front  of her. It was a female with round eyes, which were filled with passion.

"..thank you, but I don't think I'm into adventuring. Do you perhaps know someone named Hina?"

"Oh, no I don't. But if you change your mind about joining the guild, let me know!", the girl said and ran off, leaving (y/n) behind.

(y/n) breathed heavily and let herself fall onto a chair inside of a restaurant.

At this point Liyue Harbor felt like a desert. Many people went back into their houses, because of the overwhelming heat.

The girl tugged some hair strands out of her face and looked for the Windwheel Asters.

Luckily she put them in a safe package, so they were still in a healthy state. But she didn't find anything about Hina yet, although she's been walking around for an hour already.

'I'll stay in this restaurant for a bit, until it gets a little colder', she thought to herself and leaned back into her seat, closing her eyes.

The restaurant was big and filled with many guests. The smell of food was in the air and people were laughing and talking about life, leaving a welcome atmosphere.

"(y/n)?", a deep voice approached her. The named girl sat up and looked around at the sudden call of her name.

"Here".

She turned around and spotted a tall man with dark hair which matched his calm, golden eyes.

She blinked, but then a charming smile appeared on her admirable face. "Zhongli", she greeted the male with a hint of happiness in her voice and stood up quickly.

She pulled him into a short hug, feeling his arms embrace her gently.

He was an ally during the Archon War and it has been quite a while since (y/n) has last seen him. He was probably the only one she could call family- except for the adepti of course. And maybe Barbatos.

The Archon asked her to call him 'Zhongli' instead of 'Morax' a few hundred years ago.

"Hello. What are you doing here?", he gave her a warm look.

"I have to give something to a friend. What about y-"

"Hey, Zhongli! Are you co- Oh", another man appeared behind Zhongli and interrupted her.

He had brownish hair and dark blue eyes. A surprised look was plastered on his face, as he stared at the young looking girl.

After a few moments of silence (y/n) cleared her throat. "Who is this?", she then asked Zhongli, to wich he replied with a smile.

"A.. friend, I would say".

The younger boy caught himself again and looked away quickly. "Sorry about that. My name is Childe", he introduced himself with a grin.

'What a strange name', (y/n) quietly thought to herself. "(y/n)".

"Nice to meet you! Do you want to join us for dinner? It's still hot outside", Childe suggested and pointed to a window.

She shortly glanced at Zhongli, only to earn a short nod. "Yes, that would be nice".