37.

Baby you're like lightning in a bottle.
I can't let you go now that I got it.

~Electric Love by BØRNS~

STERLING'S POV:

    I don't know what I was expecting with my first semester back.. I guess I thought to myself that it would be a hell hole, walking back into the school I left willingly, going back to the friends I ditched without a single word... But the entire semester was opposite of what I had expected, and planned out in my head. I know I have Harry to thank for that. Without meeting him this summer, and his connection to my old friends I know I wouldn't have rekindled my friendship, and this semester wouldn't have been such a breeze, at least not from the start.

    My classes have been incredibly easy to my standard, but that's also because I've had Harry to study, and do homework with, and he's not the kind of person that says he's going to do homework, and get distracted doing other stuff.. That doesn't mean we haven't gotten distracted once or twice.. Maybe a few times because we have... But normally it's easy to stay on track with him.. Especially since we've started a competition now.. Who's going to be top of the class, me or him. Neither of us really know but we know that we'll both be giving speeches at our graduation no matter who ends up on top, and who's second best. It's only friendly competition though, nothing that truly bothers either of us.

    We've kept our promise to Carson too. He's not only passed all of his classes, but kept A's in all of them, not letting them slip once all semester, and I know it's because he's serious about all of this, about college, and getting into the exact school he wants. He doesn't want to settle, just like me.. Just like all of us. I'm in the car now, Jalyn, and Andrea driving as we all sit together in our outfits with our makeup done. End of semester party to celebrate.. Christmas is soon, meaning I should be hearing back from Yale for my early admission status any day now... But I have no idea when.

    "What are you thinking about?" Jalyn asks me, looking in the rear view.

    "I know! I know!" Andrea shouts, raising her hand like she's in class. I shake my head, and lean forward.

    "Go ahead, spill... Tell me what I'm thinking about." I joke.

    "Either Harry Styles, or Yale." She tells me, and I gasp.

    "Yale! You were right!" I joke, and she laughs, turning herself back around.

    "You'll get an email soon.. I know you will." She tells me.

    "That's easy for you to say... You know you're getting in, you've made incredible grades, and your mom works out Oregon State so you're getting in for sure, full ride... And you Jalyn are going to cosmetology school, and you're already basically ahead of all of the other people that are going to be going at the same time as you... That's how good you are. You both are set..." I sigh, knowing that there's a chance that I won't get in, or that I'll be waitlisted. I didn't apply anywhere else yet either, not for early admissions. I was going to wait to hear back from Yale to see if I even needed to..

    "Sterling, look at me when I say this. You and boy genius are literally the perfect candidates for that school, and literally any other school you apply to... because you're both that smart... Stop doubting yourself before I beat the doubt out of you." Jalyn snaps at me, and  she smirks in the rearview as she looks back at me.

    "And tonight isn't about any of that. Tonight we're going to let the worries of last semester, and next semester, and college melt away, and we're going to party at Hallie's house, and you're going to have a sleepover with Harry, and it's going to be the best night ever." She tells me, and I laugh. I told my dad I was staying at Hallie's tonight which is true. Harry told his mom that him and Carson were going to Jake's after the party. Lucky for us, both of our parents don't question anymore because they trust us... Little do they know Harry and the guys plan to stay at Hallie's tonight with us because her parents already left for their anniversary ski trip, and she has the house to herself.