Protect | Eren x Reader

Prompt- Eren and Reader get lost on expedition

Shit. You thought.

Out of all the times to mess up. It could have been at training if you tripped, dinner where you choked on your food slightly and made a mess, part of you even thought being scolded by Levi for you cleaning would've been better. But no. Your time to shine was now. And the mess up was big this time.

You see during an expedition, you got lost. And not just you, no you had dragged Eren into the disaster of yours. He was on a tight enough leash to begin with, he certainly didn't need to get himself stranded with you on a mission. He was all giggles about it, either not realizing the danger and seriousness of the situation or not caring enough of notice. Now the mess up wouldn't be as bad if it weren't for the fact that you were trapped in a literal blizzard with low gas and one horse.

Eren did his best to try and keep moral high but with your fingers freezing and your eyesight straining to see 10 feet ahead, you wondered how he was able to remain so unaffected. Sure he was your boyfriend but he typically stressed and obsessed over things. His focus was usually on titans in one way or any other. Though, when he spent time with you his attention was single minded and almost always stayed that way- determined to show that he did care. You assumed this was one of those times.

Or he's gone insane from the pressure, no way to truly be sure.

"Y/n?" Eren's voice spoke.

It wasn't his happy tone like we was using a short while ago, this was serious.

"Yeah?"

"I'm worried."

"Me too."

"No I mean i'm worried about you specifically. I have an idea but we'll need to find a secluded place like a high tree branch somewhere other titans can't react or see easily."

"Okay?"

Eren motioned for the horse to go faster. He was previously keeping at a low speed because of the snow and that way if you saw a titan you'd have more time to react. Now though, he kept the horse at a near galloping rate. And like you feared would happen, you were on top of a titan before you could react. The titans hand reached out and swatted the horse, at first it was trying to grab it but ended up throwing it a couple meters. Your mind felt like it was splitting as Eren frantically tried to get you up.

"Y/n! Y/n get up! Get up now we need to go!"

His hands pulled you to your feet, you swaying but trying hard to keep upright. Eren watched you and spoke but his words were jumbled and sounded like he was talking under water. He gave you what looked like a firm nod before waking away.

Wait. What? I cant remember what you said. Please Eren. Please don't leave me alone... Eren?

Eren's POV

The horse was thrown. I sat up quickly, my body only aching for a second before it started to heal itself. Y/n! I turn to her. She's barely conscious as urge her and stand her up. She sways and wobbles. I glance back at the titan who now starts walking towards us. I talk quickly, part of me wondering if she's even able to process what it saying or what's happening.

"Y/n I need to go. I'll keep you safe okay? Take the horse an-" The horse is gone.

Shit.

"Okay, you stay here or of you can walk away. Be careful though and i'll yell to find you when i'm done okay?" She can barely muster a nod as I nod back before taking off towards the titan.