9•"They are here"

Eva's POV.

"It's Alexander to you "

His words rang in my mind and a shy smile came to my lips.

Alexander

His name rolled off my tongue and it sounded so good. I blushed and smiled at this.
Today was different from every day. He wasn't cold like he always is... he even talked to me a little.
I looked down at the T-shirt I was wearing, it was too big for me but still, I like it. It smells like him and now I smell like him...
I again blushed at my thoughts.

God! What's happening to me?
I am behaving so weirdly nowadays!!

I shook my head and looked at the clock on the wall. It shows that it's midnight and I am not sleepy at all. I am just thinking about him, and his behavior towards me.

Suddenly I felt someone struggling close to me. I know it's my Isa, my daughter.
I also hugged her closely and closed my eyes. I was constantly thinking about him and now I think I'll be mad so sleeping is the best way to escape from my thoughts.

I closed my eyes and hugged tightly to Isa. With great difficulty, I was able to sleep.

.
.
.
.

"Eva?"

"Eva...please wake up...." I heard someone's voice which disturbed my sleep so well.

I slowly opened my eyes adjusting them to the sunlight and saw it was Maria who was waking me up. I looked at her in confusion.

What she is doing here??

Seeing me opening my eyes she released a breath like she was relieved.

I sat up on the bed and looked around to see a familiar surrounding.
Then my mind clicked and I remembered I was in Mr.Knight's house.

"God!! You are a heavy sleeper, Eva.." Maria said and I smiled at her sheepishly.

"Good morning to you too," I said to her while getting up.

"Morning.... and now go freshen up. Mr. Knight told me to bring a dress for you with me. So here is it" she says handing me a bag.

Did he tell her?

"And now be quick. Mr. Knight will come down in less than 15 minutes" she said watching her watch. I nodded at her.

"Give Isabella to me. I'll bathe her in the next room" Maria said.
"Umm... can I give her a bath today??" I asked. I know I accepted Isa as my daughter but maybe Maria didn't like it. She must have been doing it for a long time now.

"Of course why not. You are her mother. You don't need to ask permission for anything regarding her. She is all yours " Saying this she stood up and went toward the door and went out but not before saying to come fast.

Maria's words make me feel like I have every right to my daughter. Like every real mother has on her child. She didn't make me feel like a stepmother. Her words boost my love and care for her. It feels like I am her real mother.
But now it doesn't matter whether I am her real mother or not because Isa is my daughter. Only mine. She is my priority now and the best responsibility I ever experienced. I'll try my best to be the best mother she wants. I'll protect her from every evil eye and will give my love to her in every phase of my life.

I looked at her sleeping figure and smiled wholeheartedly. She is the first one who love me without wanting anything back other than love. Which I will gladly give her. In our relationship, there isn't any fake emotion. Our relationship is pure and very real.

I picked her up In my arms and started to wake her up. I just carried her in my arms and she nuzzled her face in my neck. She hides her face with her hand on my neck.