→CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

—

IT WAS RIKU SAD HOURS. And no one talks to Riku during Riku's sad hours. Why? Cause she's sad, and when Riku's sad, she's cranky, and when she's cranky...a familiar aura of the doom and gloom usually follow. Sighing glumly, the young Akiyama stood up from her study table that was empty and free from her desktop. Actually, if you take a long look around her room, you'd happen to notice that most things are missing.

Her room no longer had any sort of technology, her phone, Nintendo Switch, her PS5, and even her own television were all confiscated by her parents. 

It was only a few days until the summer vacation trip with Class 3-E, and Riku was stuck in her room without any sort of entertainment. Ever since she told her parents everything, ever since she revealed the full truth that she hid behind the wall, her parents were, for sure, very disappointed in her.

Yes, they were glad that Riku was brave enough to confront them, however, that doesn't change the fact that Riku's actions could potentially or had already had destroyed a child's future. After hearing Riku and her plan to pay those students back with formal and hand-written apologies, they decided to join her journey and personally say sorry for their daughter's behavior and treatment to their own kin.

Those she gambled with were surprised, of course. Imagine the girl who single-handedly defeated you in gambling, kicked you out of school, and ruined your entire life, appearing right in front of your doorstep with her rich as fuck family right behind her? No one, that's what. 

Thankfully, the parents of those students were also considerate (although it took them so long to understand) enough to point out that Riku was completely not at fault, and what she did might've saved them from a huge debt.

After all, Riku wasn't the only one who gambled her life away.

Thus, they think that Riku wasn't the only one at fault.

That didn't stop Riku from apologizing and giving them back the money though...

After a whole Saturday filled with small talk and making up to's, amends and acquaintances were made. 

So, strangely enough, even when all of her gadgets were gone, Riku felt a much lighter feeling swirling around freely in her chest as she stood in the middle of the room, not having much to do -- not sure of what to do.

To be honest, Riku just wanted to proceed on to her day, resting, sleeping. But, for some damn reason, her body would just tell her no. Her eyes refused to shut, her breathing refused to slow down -- it was like dreamland was just shutting her out from her peace.

Which sucked.

Being banned from dreamland sucks.

Deciding to just lay in her bed and have an existential crisis like Koro-sensei does every five seconds, Riku did just that. Plopping down her soft mattress, her bed accepted her warmly as her body sunk down.