(27) Forbidden

"Hey dad!" You smile, walking into the museum, taking the last bite of your granola bar, and throwing its wrapper into the trash bin.

Your smile fades as you notice that your dad's usual smile wasn't present on his face. Instead, a stern glare was in its place. "Dad?" You begin. "What's wrong?"

"Do you have something you'd like to tell me, young lady?" Your dad asks.

You nervously chuckle. "I don't think so...?"

You then notice your 11 year old brother Nicky, cowering behind your dad, a look of regret and worry on his face.

Oh no.

Three Months Earlier

"But what if we get caught?"

"Oh stop talking and kiss me." You smirk, joining Ahk's lips with your own.

He cups your waist with his hands and his eyes flutter shut as you deepen the kiss. Ahkmenrah backs you up against one of the walls of the Egyptian exhibit, as he continues to passionately kiss you. Your hands make their way to his neck. The two of you are in perfect bliss.

"(Yn)?!"

Ahkmenrah instantly jumps off of you and you smooth out your wrinkled shirt. "It's not what it looks like!" You quickly say.

You gasp and your cheeks turn red when you see your little brother Nick standing in the doorway with a look of pure shock on his face. You glance up at Ahk, whose face is flushed with pink.

You approach your little brother and kneel down in front of him, placing your hands on my shoulders. Nick looks at you with his chocolate brown eyes. "(Yn)? Are you and Ahk dating?" He softly asks.

You glance back over your shoulder at your boyfriend, who slightly nods his head, giving you permission to tell Nick the truth.

You take a deep breath, and you feel a hand being placed on your shoulder. You smile as you see Ahkmenrah there, giving you a reassuring smile. "Nicky, Ahk and I are together. We're dating." You say.

"Does dad know?"

"No, and we have to keep it that way. Dad told me that I wasn't allowed to date Ahkmenrah. If he knew I disobeyed him, I wouldn't be allowed to come back to the museum. We tried to just be friends, but after about a year we just couldn't hide our feelings for each other anymore." You explain.

"Nick, I'm asking for the sake of both of us, please don't tell anybody." Ahkmenrah softly begs.

"Please Nicky?" You plead, shaking his shoulders.

Nick looks at his feet as you bite your bottom lip nervously. He glances back up at you and smiles. "Sure thing, sis."

Present Day

You glare at your little brother. "What happened to not telling anyone?!" You yell.

"(Yn), it just slipped out!" He quickly says.

"Please." You sarcastically say with an eye roll.

Suddenly your dad speaks up. "(Yn), come with me."

You nervously swallow the lump in your throat, and slowly follow your dad to the night guard office. He holds the bright red door open for you, and you walk into the room, him closing the door behind the both of you. "I trusted you." Larry says, pointing at you angrily.

"Dad..." you begin.

"My only condition with you being allowed to come here was that you and Ahk wouldn't become a thing! Not only did you two start dating but you did it behind my back for...for...how long have you even been dating?" He asks.

"Five months..." You mumble.

"Five months....FIVE MONTHS?!" He yells. He takes a deep breath and looks you straight in the eyes. "You know what? I'm forbidding you from ever coming back here."

"What?" You barley whisper.

"You heard me."

"You can't do that, Dad!! I'm almost seventeen!! Why can't I date him?! What's the big deal?" You firmly ask.

"Oh, besides the fact that he's an 4000 year old Egyptian pharaoh who is only coming to life at all because of a magical artifact?!" Dad scoffs.

"He died when he was only seventeen!" You say, crossing your arms over your chest.

Larry sighs. "You know what I mean."

"No, I don't think I do." You harshly say, venom in your voice.

"Look, (yn), I'm only looking out for you."

"BY FORBIDDING ME FROM SPENDING TIME WITH THE MAN I LOVE?!" You scream. You realize what you said and place a hand over your mouth.

Larry clenches his jaw. "Pack your stuff, you're spending the night at your moms." He says, pulling out his phone.

You stomp around the room, grabbing your extra jacket, notebook, and a few other miscellaneous item, before stuffing them in your bag and swinging it overtop of your shoulder.

Larry slides his phone into his pocket and looks at you with sad eyes. "Honey, I'm only doing what's best for you." He says, as you walk to the door.

You stop and look over your shoulder. "You know, I don't think that you know what is best for me anymore." You sadly say, walking out the door and closing it behind you.

You walk down the halls, looking at your feet. You look to the front desk where Nick is sitting, and he jumps up and runs to you. He grabs your wrist and you turn back to look at him. "I'm so sorry, (yn)...this is all my fault..." he says with tears in his eyes.

Your heart feels as though it melts in sadness. On one hand, you were mad at Nick for slipping up, but in the other, you knew that he felt bad about what he did. You knew that he didn't mean for it to happen. You kneel down in front of your little brother, and softly smile. "I know. I forgive you."

He smiles and quickly hugs you, and you return the gesture. You suddenly feel your phone chime in your pocket, and you let Nick go so you can check the message. It's from your mom.

I'm outside, honey

You stand up. "I'd better get going, squirt." You half heartedly chuckle. You begin walking to the door.

"Bye sis."

You look back over your shoulder again, at your little brother who is still standing there. "Bye. Tell Ahk how much I'll miss him, okay?" You ask.

"Okay."

You walk out the door and look at the setting sun. You turn around when you hear Rexy begin to run around the lobby, a signal to you that the museum has once again come to life. A single tear rolls down your cheek as you begin walking to your moms car, knowing that you would never see your pharaoh again.

Hey everyone!!

I just wanted to thank you all for reading! This book wouldn't still be going without all of you💛

Don't forget that if you have any requests, I'm happy to take them as long as they are appropriate😊

Thankyou guys!!💛✨🌻