?Dainsleif Pt.2?

"Thanks for trying Chongyun," (Y/n) smiled softly, patting the blue haired boy's head softly. "But I don't think it will work May I suggest working with Xangling with her pairs choreography?"

"I'll try," Chongyun nodded. "Thanks for the opportunity (Y/n)."

(Y/n) waved goodbye to the younger boy, and let out a tired sigh. She's been doing the pairs choreography with all the males in their studio. Xingqiu wasn't so bad, but his techniques aren't the best. Chongyun wasn't as flexible, so (Y/n) thought he should work with Xangling since he's better at tricks. Venti is too childish, Childe instead wants to compete against her with Lumine, Aether don't plan on doing pairs, Xiao only does solo's (sometimes he'll do pairs if its with (Y/n)), Kaeya was too lazy, Diluc is too stiff, Zhongli is too busy with teaching, Bennett is too clumsy, Oz is already working with Fischl, Albedo is working with Sucrose, Razor is still a beginner, and Scaramouche would rather die than work with someone. All that's left was Dain, but he's currently being bugged by (M/G/N).

"How's your little recruitment going?" Amber asked, stretching her leg.

Right now, it was solo practice time. Everyone now gets to work on their own stuff instead of techniques and other things together. The Archons had the day off, but (Y/n) decided to come in today anyways, along with Venti and Zhongli. As soon as the other Archons heard they had the day off, they never texted so quickly about plans with all the Archons. Apparently they're all going to go get a drink when practice is over, luckily all of them are either at or above drinking age.

"Not the best," (Y/n) sighed softly. She was hoping to be able to find a dance partner. Sadly, this competition only lets pairs be the opposite gender. If it was the same gender, (Y/n) already would've asked Lumine or Amber to be her partner. If they did a group dance, then she would've had asked them to dance with her. "Most of the guys either don't want to or they're not at the level I was hoping for. I asked Zhongli and he's too busy. I asked Diluc, but when we tired some of the tricks, he was stumbling a little and his movements are very stiff."

"Have you tried asking the new guy?" Amber asked. "He's not bad. His techniques are really good and his movements are smooth. He's also really flexible."

"He seems busy with (M/C/N)," (Y/n) pointed over to the two, who were currently working on some choreography together. "I think they're already working on cerography for their own pairs dance. I don't want to interrupt them."

"Would you like to borrow Oz?" Fischl asked, walking over with the purple haired male. Fischl had him dye his hair a royal purple color, since her signature colors have always been royal purple. "I grant you permission to work with Oz for this upcoming match. As a close person to I, Fischl, Prinzessin der Verurteilung, you may borrow my closest companion."

"I would be happy to work with you, (Y/n)." Oz smiled. He's always been a very genuine person, and he's pretty straightforward. He says what's on his mind, and sometimes translates what Fischl is saying. He's open to change and challenges, which makes (Y/n) happy he works with Fischl. But to (Y/n), they work the best together.

"Thank you for your offer, but Oz and you compliment each other the best," (Y/n) smiled. "Thank you though. You two should be practicing together as much as possible, and the competition is in about 2 weeks. I don't think Oz will be able to remember two programs or do two programs in one day."

"You are too kind." Oz sat down with the group, stretching his arms and legs.

"She is indeed." Fischl smiled as well, and sat down as well, doing a forward and back split. "By the way (Y/n), has that masked fiend ever shown up in cloak of darkness?"

"No, not recently," (Y/n) shook her head. "I guess it's just a one time thing."

"(Y/n)," A smooth voice made the small group look over to whoever was speaking. It was the new kid, Dainsleif. "May I speak to you in private?"

"Oh, sure," (Y/n) nodded. "I'll see you guys during lunch, ok?"

"Bye bye (Y/n)!" Amber smiled.

"So, what's up?" (Y/n) asked.

Both dancers are currently in (Y/n)'s private dance room. It's the best place to have a private conversation, since all other members except for Archons are allowed to come in without permission.

"I was wondering if you would let me audition for your partner." Dain smiled kindly. He was waiting for (Y/n) to ask him, but he got a little impatient, so he became the squeaky wheel.

"Oh?" (Y/n) asked. "I thought you were partners with (M/G/N). You two seemed to be working on a pairs choreography."

"Nope, she was just asking for some help," Dain smiled. The girl had tried to make him become her partner, but (Y/n) seemed more like a good teammate and dancer than (M/G/N). Besides, the night he came to the studio to check it out, and saw (Y/n) dance so gracefully by herself, she looked amazing. He knew he had to have her as a dance partner. "May I try your choreography?"

"Of course," (Y/n) smiled. "Would you like me to go over it with you?"

"No need," Dain rejected. "I've seen you teach it to the others and I believe I have it memorized."

(Y/n) nodded, and started playing the music from her phone. Luckily she brought it with her when she left. Getting into position, (Y/n) started the dance.

Dain smiled as he started the moves he remembered. It was so similar to when he danced with her when he had his mask on.

(Y/n) also felt like this dance was familiar to her. It felt like the other night.

With the final move, the music ended.

"That was amazing," (Y/n) smiled. "You're very good."

"So, do I get the position?" Dain asked.

"If you want it." (Y/n) picked up her phone from the floor.

"I would love to dance with you," Dain smiled as well. "When would you like to practice again?"

"After lunch," (Y/n) said. "I'd like to get Zhongli to look at the dance and give us any advice. It's best if we always have a second pair of eyes to check up on what we might be doing wrong. Diluc will take a look tomorrow, since he can catch small mistakes we make."

"Sounds good to me." Dain nodded.

There was a knock at the door. "(Y/n)! Come on! Lunch is almost over!" It was Amber.

"Coming!" (Y/n) ran over to the door. "Cya after lunch, Dain." And she left.