Chapter 12: Welcome to Chicago

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." The trio finally arrived at the destination.

Exiting the car, Percy made her way over to the other side of the vehicle with Rudy in her arms. Stefan and Klaus were looking at the city.

The vampire asked, "What are we doing here?"

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days."

"Blocked out most of them," Stefan responded. "A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur."

Ew.

The hybrid spoke, "Well that is a crying shame. The details are what makes it legend."

"Chicago was magical," he continued.

Stefan looked unimpressed. "Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said I don't remember most of it."

"Not having your memories sucks." Percy commented.

The blond raised an eyebrow at her. She just shook her head.

The demigod remembered when Hera manipulated her mind for the sake of uniting the camps.

"Ready to get down to business, then?" Klaus asked.

Stefan looked at the hybrid quizzically. "Why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?"

"We're going to see my favorite witch first thing in the morning. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her." He answered.

Annabeth hadn't found anything relating to the hybrid problem yet. So, Percy was simply waiting.

"In the mean time, we're going to stay at another hotel for the night. Be ready to leave early." The original instructed.

Percy groaned, "But waking up early sucks. Can't we sleep in a bit?"

He chuckled, "Maybe, if I'm feeling nice, I'll let you sleep an extra hour."

"Hm," she pondered his words. "How often do you feel like being nice?"

Stefan grumbled from beside them. "Have you met him? He never feels like being nice."

Klaus smiled, "Well, in my experience, being mean is quite fun." He gestured back to the hotel in front of them. "Shall we?"

Percy grabbed her bag from the car and swung it over her shoulder. She continued holding Rudy in her other arm.

The demigod was ready to go back to another hotel if it meant sleeping in a nice bed.

Yay! Sleep!

☽☽☽

The next morning the three supernatural beings went to go see that witch that Klaus knew to figure out why he couldn't make hybrids.

The three made it to a bar. Percy was carrying Rudy. Walking in, the hybrid questioned Stefan, "Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus was smiling as he looked around the place.

"I can't believe this place is still here." Stefan commented.

A voice from across the bar spoke, "You've gotta be kidding me."

She's really pretty.

Klaus started speaking, "So, a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender—"

"Stop." The woman cut him off. "You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny."

Percy grinned. "You are so right."