Chapter Twenty-Five

(A/N: Sorry if this is horrible, I'm really tired but there was no reason not to post tonight- so here you go. Just ignore anything that doesn't make much sense. Thanks for reading! And thanks for the thousand views! I don't know if I already mentioned this, but that's amazing! Plus, we're almost at 100 votes! One Hundred! Anyway, next chapter will be up soon, thanks for reading- and voting!)

(Third Pov)

It was hours later when the Avengers finally returned. Most of them wanted nothing but sleep, but a few in particular were planning to grab something to eat first. So they all had agreed to stop by the kitchen to grab something. This late at night they assumed the two children would've been asleep, probably up in their own rooms by now.

That's not what they found.

 The two of them were curled up on their usual couch, Y/N leaning on top of Loki, his arm around her body. Both had light smiles on their faces, leaning their heads on one another.

They were... cuddling. On the couch. In the Avenger's living room, at a quarter to four.

Instantly Tony drew in a breath -inevitably to wake them up- only to be tackled by Natasha. She wasn't letting anyone ruin this moment for the lovers, or for her own enjoyment. Clint sighed and handed her twenty bucks, as she gracefully tucked it in her back pocket. Tony was still restrained, the kids were still sleeping, and all was good.

"Where's the furniture?" Steve whispered, asking the general audience, yet still keeping quiet enough to not face Nat's fury.

"That is an excellent question. More of which is why would it be missing?" Bruce agreed, while Nat whispered some form of a threat to Tony. Threatening him enough that he wouldn't even think about waking them up.

"Hey J, -lowest volume- tell me what they did while we were gone."

"They danced sir."

"They fought!" Tony shout-whispered, certain Natasha's punishment was worse than whatever had happened between them. Although fighting in the living room definitely was a close second. 

"No, sir. Loki was teaching Miss Y/N how to dance for tomorrow's party. And I must say it was quite enjoyable to hear them having so much fun." Jarvis replied, completely ignoring  anything and everything that happened afterwards. Turns out he liked you enough to lie to his creator.

"I am glad my brother finally found a friend here." Thor said, really trying to keep his voice down for once. Seemed like the whole team approved of your relationship. Bruce grabbed a blanket, gently placing it over the two of you, while the others took pictures from every angle. This turn of events wasn't going away anytime soon.

"I still want my furniture back though."

*

(Your Pov)

You awoke to the smell of bacon. Bacon, pancakes, burning sausage, and orange juice, technically. You could hear breakfast being made-

How could you hear it through three floors? Better yet, what were you laying on?

You lifted your head from your pillow, looking down on a sleeping Loki. On the couch. In the living room -which still had no furniture- where all eyes were free to look. Or glance. Or stare at you until you wake up.

Shit. You had been planning to go to bed last night... Turns out that didn't work.

You had to say though, Loki was quite handsome. You loved him whether he was peaceful or actively kissing. Either way was quite fine.

You realize there was a blanket over the two of you, as you slept on the couch. So the others definitely had seen you. 

"You're awake! Can you put my furniture back now?" Tony asked from across the room, sitting at a rather uncomfortable looking wooden chair. Seemed the others had already claimed the other seats. Or he just wanted to prove a point.

Or maybe that was his punishment for something he did. Or said. Or just generally implied with a glance.

As if on cue, Loki's eyes flicked open, staring right at yours. The biggest blush you had ever seen grew across his face, and you probably had one as well.

"We fell asleep on the couch." You whisper to him, hoping his mind wasn't jumping to conclusions just yet. Yes, you had kissed. Then fell asleep together on the couch. But nothing more than that. You started sitting up, bringing the blanket with you. You've had enough embarrassment to last yourself a lifetime.

"It seems we have." He says, sitting up as well. The blush wasn't yet subsiding, from either of your cheeks. And only heating up as you remembered the dance -and after dancing- the night before. "Has Stark complained about his furniture yet?"

"Many, many times." Bruce replied halfheartedly, his head on the table in the room next to you. His chair was almost six upgrades from the one that Tony was sitting on, yet it didn't stop him from being exhausted as hell.

As you glance over into the dining room, which most Avengers were in, you realize the entire team had seen you. And approve of your actions, even if you were going to have to endure a hell and a half of teasing. Natasha caught your glance around the room, and gave you a knowing smirk. More than deserved for just a dance.

How does she always know absolutely everything?

A moment later, every piece of furniture was back in its place with a lingering sparkle of green mist. The others looked grateful, most of them heading to sit on the couches then and there. Half of them. Nat, Bruce and Clint didn't appear with the others, even though they eyed them warily. Well, Natasha did. Bruce was already back asleep, while Clint was cooking breakfast.

"I've missed my couches!" Tony said, flopping down in the seat he always took. Steve and Thor did the same, although much less dramatically.

"I am glad my brother has found a friend in the team, Lady Y/N." Thor said, looking between the two of you. Loki gave him a look, although it wasn't nearly as annoyed as you thought it'd be. 

"Are you officially a couple yet?" Clint shouted from the kitchen, peeking his head into the room.

"Should I be planning to combine your rooms?" Stark teased, which just resulted in more teasing.

Each question brought more and more blush to your cheeks, as well as Loki's, before you couldn't take it. Remembering a spell Loki taught you, you placed your hand in his and made the both of you invisible. Running for the elevator, you dragged him along with you to escape the endless teasing. 

You arrived in the elevator, releasing the invisibility spell as the doors closed. "Sorry about that. I thought it'd be the fastest way out." You tell him, finally dropping his hand once the lift doors close in front of you. Yet still not dropping the blush. 

You pushed the button towards the bedrooms, as the lift starts. You needed to check on Leo.

"That was a good idea." He admits, looking down to meet your gaze. With the perfect hopeful look in his eyes, his chiseled jawline.

The two of you start to lean into each other, slowly- just like the first time you kissed. Just like the start to the perfect kisses you experienced the night before

Until the elevator reached its destination, opening its doors. It revealed a rather panicked looking Leo. He instantly recognized you though, bounding up your leg and onto your shoulders.

Moment successfully ruined.