||ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖||

Wednesday, February 10th

The two walked for a while down the sidewalks of the city. Wilbur held her hand secure, with intertwined fingers like he was afraid she would disappear if he looked away. She had taken this route several times, probably dozens, and it was always just a walk.  A travel to get to where she needed to be, nothing more and nothing less.

Wilbur made it an adventure, he made it exciting.  He would ask questions and notice little details.  He would point out outfits and interactions, he would spin around street lamps and comedically study any flyers that were taped to them.  He was just Wilbur being Wilbur and it made things perfect.

They had spent all of yesterday binging the movies she loved like Scott Pilgrim and the ones she loved iconically like Barbie and Tinkerbell.  He even let let himself get dragged to her favorite cafe where he bought her coffee.  Though it was hard to distract herself from the thought of Wilbur when she was constantly with Wilbur.

Everything between them should've been fine, they should've been having careless fun.  Although they were having fun, things were different.  Something had changed and neither knew when nor how.

Alice wouldn't make eye contact with him, she would trip over her words and clear her throat frequently. Wilbur couldn't keep the flush off of his face and there was unwavering smile playing on his lips. They were both using sarcasm and humor to try and cover it.

To anyone passing, they looked like two idiots helplessly in love. But they were too indulged in their own thoughts to think straight.

"We'd should.." She cleared her throat and tried again. "We should head home soon."

"I distinctly remember you saying you'd show me the lock," Wilbur chuckled. Alice pursed her lips.

"I suppose we could make another stop," She sighed dramatically.

"You're the one who promised," He gave a cheeky grin that she came to love.

"Yeah, yeah," She pulled him in the direction of the park. "At least keep up. For someone so tall, you are extremely slow." The small smirk on her face told him that she was teasing.

"Well, I'm sorry I'd like to enjoy my time here with you," He huffed dramatically.

"Why? Are you leaving soon?" She asked him. She hoped that day would never come. She hoped they could stay like this forever. But she knew they couldn't.

"I don't know, I've been looking at the available tickets, we're lucky they're so cheap," He told her. "I don't really want to leave yet though."

"I wouldn't really like you to leave either," She kept her eyes on her shoes. Wilbur smiled anyway and squeezed her hand lightly.

"How much longer," He whispered, knowing it would piss her off.   He didn't want to talk about leaving yet.

"You are so impatient!" She pushed him as he laughed. "That's coming from the ADHD one!"

"So this is the park," Wilbur looked around. 

The park was located next to an old high school across its street.  The entire area was elevated and since it was a public school, the city was viewable.  There was a hill, of course, next to the park which was terrible blueprinting in Alice's opinion, and the chain link fence was the barrier for it.