Chapter 7: My Mistakes Catch Up With Me

I immediately dropped the note back on the counter, not wanting to believe the words were true. I pulled out my buzzing phone from my purse to find a blast from Gossip Girl

Last night at the Van der Woodsen home we say B getting catty with Little C, and Little C getting trapped in an elevator with Lonely Boy and looked pretty cozy when the doors opened. Do I smell a secret romance coming? Better not let S find out Little C, or there just might be another war brewing on the upper east side...... -XOXO Gossip Girl

Well this day just couldn't get any worse. The person that wants me dead is out of prison and Serena thinks I slept with her boyfriend. I really needed to tell Serena the truth, or things will get pretty ugly, fast. So I take a quick trip to the Van der Woodson residence.

When I enter the suite, Lily is sitting on the lounge sipping a glass of white wine. She looks up when I walk in.

"Celia, what are you doing here?" She says.

"I wanted to apologize for how I acted today at brunch. Do you know if Serena is here?" I say.

"She's in her room, you can go talk to her if you want." Lily says pointing to the hallway.

"Thank you Mrs.Van der Woodsen." I say and leave Lily to her wine.

I walk down to Serena's room and her hear on the phone so I stay in the hallway.

" I can't believe she would go behind my back and do that. Sleeping with Dan, she has been back for two days and has already ruined my life again! I can't believe that attention obsessed little girl would do that!" She says into the phone.

Serena stays silent for a couple seconds while someone is talking to her over the phone. I knew that she was talking about me, but I can't believe that she really hates me this much. I thought she was my friend and trusted me. I think about going in there and setting her straight, but she starts talking again.

"Oh please, of course she did it. She does this every time her life gets boring again. She sleeps with another guy and leaves a trail of destruction around her. She should have just stayed at that special boarding school." Serena finishes.

Too hurt to even go in there I run out of the apartment without Lily even noticing. Tears start to flood my eyes as one of my few friends has just confessed how much she hates me. I go over to a park bench and wipe away my tears. I put my head into my hands and take deep breaths. The only thing I know right now is that I'm not going to let people bully me around anymore.

So for the first time, I think like a Bass. And not the good way.