Chapter ten

Aiden's POV.

My mouth fell open from disbelieve.

"How can Luna disappear when she's barely functioning, or are you forgetting that she's unable to think clearly right now," I snapped at them.

Anger and worry were consuming me.

"She's not in her room," Kayden hissed back.

"Let's focus on finding her instead of taking it out on each other," Cole suggested.

He was always the peacekeeper and could stay calm in any situation even when he was suffering on the inside.

"She's probably somewhere on the estate, if she tried to leave I would have had a call from security. Kayden and Cole will search the second floor. Ethan you check the ground floor with Aiden, and I will look at the left wing," Isaac ordered.

Ethan and I split up, so we can search faster.

I checked the kitchen, living room, movie room and library.

Nothing.

I looked outside and cursed, maybe she needed some fresh air? Which I doubted because it's raining cats and dogs.

I decided to grab my coat and take a look just to be sure.

"Luna!" I yelled.

'Shouting her name isn't going to help if she doesn't talk, you moron,' I thought.

Just before I would return inside, I saw a figure in the distance. Without even thinking about it, I started running towards the person, hoping it wasn't my imagination.

There she was, sitting on the bench staring ahead of her.

"Luna?" I said with a questioning tone while reaching her hand.

Her eyes slowly shifted to meet mine. Her hand was freezing cold, probably like the rest of her body.

It was already a colder day, but the rain made it so much worse. I needed to get her inside, so she could warm up, but I knew I had to be careful around her.

"Hey bambina, you wanna head inside to warm up a bit?" I asked her with a concerned voice.

She didn't response. I could carry her inside, but I was too afraid it would send her back into her unresponsive state.

"You worried me when you weren't upstairs, are you alright?" I said while slowly dropping my coat around her shoulders to protect her against the ice-cold rain.

"I'm sorry," she whispered with a husky voice.

My eyes widened a bit from her unexpected answer.

"Hey, it's alright, we're not mad just a little concerned," I tried to reassure her.

"I just wanted to feel something," she silently confessed while looking at her shaking hands.

My heart breaks at her words, I wasn't expecting this. Not at all.

"It's going to be okay, do you want to go inside?" I asked her again.

She nodded and stood up, I lead her to the door with my hand that was still holding hers.

We were heading toward the living room, where I will light the stove to give her extra heat.

On the way we met Ethan, who had a questioning look on his face. I give him a silent order to get the others with my eyes. He perfectly understood what I meant and headed upstairs.

I wrapped two thick blankets around her shaking frame, and light the stove.

"Can I have a hug?" she requests.