Original Chapter 5

So as many of you know
I actually accidentally deleted the original Chapter 5
somehow.

I guess I was just really tired and accidentally deleted it.

So I rewrote it with some tweeks and here it is about a month later.

Once all our morning classes had finished, I took Carlos over to the lunch room

Once all our morning classes had finished, I took Carlos over to the lunch room. He hasn't left my side since I met him.

I don't really know how to feel about that. It brings a lot of attention towards me especially since he's the new kid. I don't like attention and it kind of makes me uncomfortable to have all these eyes on me due to me being with him.

But Carlos has been trying his hardest to make it easier for me. He talks to me and does things that just make me forget about my insecurities for a moment.

I appreciate that.

We make it to the lunch room and Carlos has just finished telling me a story from what it was like back in New Jersey. It sounds cool.

I've been there plenty of times but never not with my daddy or my brother. I wayyy too scared for that.

I look over towards our table and my smile widens when I see who's sitting there. His eyes met mine and he smiled too.

"Lavender. Looking as beautiful as usual. Did you do something to your skin because you're practically glowing?"
I felt my cheeks heat up and giggled.

"Braydon stop flirting with her."
He rolled his eyes and just shot me a wink.

I've known Braydon most of my life. His mother has been my father's assistant since I can remember. Whenever they went away on business trips, me and Braydon would always spend that time together and he's one of the funniest and best people I know.

His father is a drunkard that Braydon and his mother no longer have contact with. It's better that way.

He usually spends a lot of his time now swimming. It helps relax and relieve any stress he has.

I don't really hang about with him in school because he hangs with all the jocks and they make me uncomfortable with their consistent stares and rude comments.

Braydon understands that makes it so some days he can be with us and some day he can be with them. I don't want him to go out of his way just to spend time with us but he says it's fine.