Break My Heart and I'll Break Your Car. Chapter, Twenty-Five.

Chapter Twenty-Five

            I was woken up by Katy Perry singing about her teenage dream, at 6:30 am. I'm used to early mornings, but I'm not used to Katy Perry. "Are you up Raine?" Natalie asked as she opened the door to the guest room.

            I yawned and rolled over, the covers pulled to my chin as I nodded once acknowledging her presence, and she nodded. She disappeared leaving the door wide open as I lay in bed. Examining the ceiling before, mustering up enough courage to leave my warm comfy bed, and brave the cold hardwood floor.

            With another yawn, I slipped out of bed and ran to the bathroom down the hall. Grabbing two towels, and sitting them by the shower I climbed into the shower. Letting the warm water wash over me, and wake me up. I scrubbed my body clean, and made sure my hair smelt of sweet pea scented shampoo before slipping out of the shower and wrapping the towel in my hair, and around my body.

            I walked out of the bathroom, and took a deep breath. My nose was assaulted with the scent of pancakes and bacon and I smiled. "Where's Quinn?" I asked walking down the hallway and entering the kitchen. The towel still wrapped around me.

            "Work, he's been going in earlier so he can get more leave when the baby comes. I'll need the help, I'm already a mess and the baby isn't even out yet." She laughed, rubbing small circles on her huge belly and I laughed along with her.

            I nodded understandingly, "When does he get home?" I asked and she shrugged her shoulders.

            "Usual by 5, but he's been staying later too." She said with a shrug of her shoulder, I knew it was eating her up inside, but I didn't think it was appropriate for me to hug her while in a towel.

            I smiled sadly, and gave her an awkward side hug. "Now you have me here, to keep you company" I said cheerfully and she smiled a small smile.

            "That is true, well you better get ready if you want time to eat this food I made." She said and I nodded, and began walking back to my guest room. I was amazed by the soft yellow coloring on the wall and the small twin sized bed. That was just perfect for me.

            I slipped on some cute denim jeggings and a long and big sized shirt that reached over my butt. It was a striped tan and white shirt, that fell a bit over my shoulder. I dried my hair, and straightened quickly, before pulling on my favorite beanie bag hat.

            I put on some simple low key makeup, before shuffling through my things for my ankle length boots, which I found at the bottom of my suitcase, I slipped them on and then walked into the kitchen, with five minutes to spare, "it's nice having someone else here, who takes forever to get ready" Natalie joked and I laughed.

            "That's the only thing, me and my mother have in common I think at times." I joked and she laughed, she set a plate a food in front of me which I stuffed in my mouth in a rapid pace, happy to have someone not caring if I gain a few pounds.

            There was a honk outside, and I shoved the last piece of bacon in my mouth as I grabbed my over the shoulder bag off of the couch. "Have fun today, it is your first day of school ever. Wait a second..." she said and ran off. I grabbed a piece of a toast, and just as I took a big bite there was a bright flash of light in my face.

            I blinked in surprise, "What the..." I said looking at her with confusion, only to see her holding a camera and smiling brightly.

            "I have to document this moment, it is your first day of school ever. It's like you going to kindergarten, and oh my god. I'm going to cry." She whimpered running over and wrapping me in a tight hug.