𝐕𝐈.𝐈𝐈

CAROL

"Bruce gave him a sedative. He's gonna probably be out for the rest of the day." Rhodey announced to the rest of the group, who were all stood just outside of the medical room.

Darla anxiously chewed on her bottom lip. She couldn't loose Tony too. They needed him. She needed him. Tony was her family. She didn't know what she would do without him.

"You guys take care of him. And I'll bring him a Xorrian Elixir when I come back." Carol instructed as she walked away.

"Where are you going?" Steve questioned curiously.

"To kill Thanos." Carol responded confidently.

"Yeah, cause that's something you can do on your own." Darla mumbled as she, Steve and Natasha all shared an anxious look before following after Carol.

"Hey, you know, we usually work as a team here, and between you and I, morale's a little fragile." Natasha shrugged with a small smile.

"We realize up there is more your territory, but this is our fight too." Steve added quickly, his hand resting on the small of Darla's back.

Darla's eyes flickered up to the man, offering him a small smile and linking their hands. She gave his hand a light squeeze, silently telling him that she's still there.

Over the past couple of days, Steve had been waking up with nightmares that Darla had been snapped too. So now, she never left his side. The last thing that she wanted was for him to be panicked that she wasn't going to come back.

"You even know where he is?" Rhodey questioned curiously.

"I know people who might." Carol replied.

"Don't bother." Nebula paused. "I can tell you where Thanos is. Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me. And when he worked, he talked about his great plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask 'where would we go once his plan was complete?'. His answer was always the same: 'To the Garden.'"

"That's cute, Thanos has a retirement plan." Rhodey mocked. Darla bit her lip to prevent herself from laughing at the man's quick remark.

"So where is he?" Steve questioned. The sooner they found Thanos, the sooner everything would return back to normal and their friends would be back.

"When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it." Rocket explained as he pulled up a hologram. "Until two days ago. On this planet."

"Thanos is there." Nebula confirmed.

"He used the stones again." Natasha mumbled as she leant forward and rested her hands on the desk.

"Hey, hey, hey. We'd be going in short-handed, you know." Bruce half heartedly chuckled.

"Look, he's still got the stones, so-" Rhodey was cut off by Carol.

"So let's get him. Use them to bring everyone back." Carol suggested, Darla pondered on the thought for a minute, it could work.

"Just like that?" Bruce questioned curiously.

"Yeah, just like that." Steve nodded, his hands resting firmly on Darla's hips.

"Even if there's a small chance that we can undo this-I mean we owe it to everyone who's not in this room to try." Nobody missed the way that Natasha's voice cracked. Everyone was visibly upset. The past twenty three days had been hard for them all.

"If we do this, how do we know it's gonna end any differently than it did before?" Bruce questioned.

"Because before, you didn't have me." Carol spoke confidently.

"Somebody's confident." Darla muttered.

"Hey, new girl, everyone here is about that superhero life. And if you don't mind my asking, where the hell have you been all this time?" Rhodey questioned.

"There are a lot of other planets in the universe. And unfortunately, they didn't have you guys." Carol responded.

Thor slowly stood up and walked over to Carol. The pair stared at each other for a moment, until he reached his hand up and caught the Stormbreaker. Carol didn't even flinch as it came flying past her.

"I like this one." Thor mumbled with a half smile.

"Let's go get this son of a bitch." Steve spoke up, his eyes flickering down to Darla. The girl pull away, spinning on her heel to face the man before saying,

"Yes, Captain." With a mocking salute.

Steve allowed a smile to form on his face at the girl. Despite loosing the majority of her family and her friends, she still plastered a smile on her face.

He could see straight through it, he knew it was fake. That it was all an act. But the others didn't. They couldn't see straight through her facade.

Darla smiled to try and bring some optimism to the group, God knows they could use it. She didn't want to be the one bringing everyone down, but rather lifting them back up.

Steve placed a longing kiss on the girls forehead. He loved her with all his heart. He was beyond thankful for her.