63.

Domino: Witch Court.

The ceremony had gone on splendidly and without any hitch but they all knew several people had died or had gotten seriously injured in that hall. Hayes, Alarion, and Kyra stood by themselves as they watched a replacement for Declan being set on the throne, Kyra knew his brother had ran, far and fast because they all knew that if Kaiser were to find out about the Rahul's plan, this would become a shit show and a joke of the ages for the Rahuls.

Just as the two mates were to sit on their thrones the doors burst open, the hybrid Annel stood there, his beauty was radiant, his outfit even more so, he passed the witches and other mystics with grace and pride, his golden and black suit made him stand out. "You outdid yourself there." Hayes complimented Kyra as they watched Annel move toward the throne Kaiser now stood before, furious because of the intrusion. "Forgive my behavior my king but I have news you'll want to hear, from the master of Neo beasts." Annel whispered the last part and immediately Kaiser led Annel away from his throne and everyone began to chat amongst themselves.

Annel led Kaiser to where Hayes and his company were, the witch was now yet again furious seeing as he was being led to the demon who had been the ruin to his many plans. Annel pulled out a golden crystal from his pocket, Kyra moved forward and sliced Kaiser's palm open with a blade he pulled from thin air, this all happened as he stood still, he seemed frightened and yet curious. "Your parents sent Ben to do this but considering how you've treated your own brother, he couldn't face you and not have nausea." Hayes exclaimed and nodded to Annel, the hybrid placed the crystal on the bleeding palm of Kaiser.

"Revilium et phamir." Annel cast the spell as Kaiser's body was engulfed by a low golden glow and his eyes turned completely white then back after several minutes. "Ben said it was a strong spell, I didn't expect it to be that strong." Alarion mumbled as he waved his hand in front of Kaiser, Kyra walked toward the king and snapped his finger making two orbs of blue light appear at his fingertips, he placed the two fingers above Kaiser's heart healing the pain he felt, with the false mate bond crushed, Kaiser would feel pain as if his mate had died but in reality, nothing of the sort had happened.

Kaiser fully regained himself and turned to look at the four with wide eyes. "Ben told our parents didn't he?" He questioned them and Hayes nodded. "It was by their will that Ben broke the spell and placed an enchantment on you otherwise we would've just left you alone to ruin your own kingdom." Hayes added as he saw the flicker of sadness in the witch king's eyes after his response. "Thank you, all of you." The king mumbled and turned on his heel. "I will pay my brother a visit." He stated before fully walking away.

The four of them watched as Kaiser got to his throne and red flames erupted all around him. "I am King Kaiser Syre, there will be no union today, and I will not tarnish my family's legacy by falling to your wicked charms and spells, the Rahuls be grateful to keep your nobility but as for your matriarch, arrest her!" The king ordered and everyone was shocked to see everything turn downhill, they would never know how Kaiser had been freed by the one brother he hated.

"It's time to go home." Hayes asserted as he took Annel's hand and moved toward the door, the demon looked back and faced the eyes of Mael who stood still and shocked by Kaiser's behavior, Hayes knew this was the first step to destroying everything he had built, his mate's family no matter how dysfunctional they were wouldn't be the ones to be manipulated by the angel king or any other mystics, he himself would make sure of it.

So as they walked out of the castle he smiled to himself, he found Scarlett standing by the railing, she didn't say a word and they didn't either, only smiled with a nod which both of them acknowledged. Annel held out his free hand and got their keys, he already missed his cobalt eyed Avian.

~~~~~

"You're a king, you're not a pawn and you're definitely not a traitor, your loyalty is to your family and your people." Those words seemed to twist and turn in Kaiser's head, Ben had said those words as he purged him of all the spells cast on him, how could he be so gullible, so easily manipulated, it made him angry and also sad, the person who had saved him from ruin was the person he hated and betrayed, he now yearned to see his brother, to just hold him and beg for forgiveness.

"You executed her?" His sister questioned standing by the door. "Yes, I did." The king replied and just then the girl turned to leave, they had never been good with feelings toward each other but with Ben, they were emotional fools. A portal opened in Kaiser's large office, his cousin walked out from it, the very one he and Mael had sent to kidnap Avian, he now understood how stupid that had been. "I wasn't successful." The violet haired boy reported and Kaiser nodded in relief. "You wouldn't have succeeded, either way, Ben can only rivaled by a few and even those few wouldn't escape without being broken." Kaiser replied as he moved to stand by the window.

Mael walked into the office with expectancy but when he didn't see his child, he was sad but more rather angry. "Where is he, you promised to deliver." Mael angrily spat to which Kaiser chuckled. "He wouldn't have gotten my nephew even if he tried, my brother is strong, threaten his children, he'll become worse than Lucifer, from here on out our partnership is null and void, the witches are no longer in any jurisdiction to help you, you want to fulfill whatever plan you have, you're on your own, Mael, and as for Ben, try touch him or his family again, I will kill you." Kaiser threatened without looking at the angel.

Mael was in disbelief, he had worked perfectly well with Kaiser, he had him under his complete control so how had he gotten away from it, the archangel granted with the pillars control moved in the blink of any eye to touch Kaiser, when he did so blood red flames erupted on his hand making him drawback and away from the witch. "I canceled out your control, more rather a certain witch who guards Ben with his life did, you would be amazed by how much my cousin has gained by just being next to Ben, the witches won't be blamed for chaos and the goddess will not damn us all because of you, so get out." Kaiser ordered with a harshness that Mael never expected, but with his control gone, it was to be expected.

The angel walked out angrily, all his plans were failing and he couldn't even pinpoint who had been his undoing. "What now?" Yamil questioned his king as they stood next to each other by the window, somehow the moon seemed golden tonight, reminding them both of those golden eyes. "Now I fix my mess, I've already removed the magic Mael cast on all of us but there is still a lot to be done, Yamil rest, for now, I know you've been through a lot, I will handle everything." Kaiser replied gently and Yamil smiled knowing his king and cousin was finally back to normal.

When Kaiser sat down in his chair, he snapped his fingers, and the picture he cherished appeared, even in the worst of times, Ben always came through in the end, so he placed the photo frame with the picture of his little on the table with a smile, he yet again owed him.

+++

LMJ