71

"what?" Angelina's eyes widened and she was stunned.

"Oh. Don't tell me you forgot your own name." Evelina extended her hand and caressed Angelina's right cheek.

"Wait...you...it can't be..." Angelina felt like her heart was being suffocated.

"Oh it can be!" Evelina's smile grew wider. "At first I wasn't sure it was really you. But I instantly knew the moment you rolled your eyes during breakfast, and when you called me a 'dirty pig'..."

Angelina was still stunned. Her mind went completely blank. All she could do was hear her heart beating extremely fast.

"After all...only you call me that right?"

"E-Evelina.....!?" It took Angelina some time to comprehend everything.

"Yes! It's me! Did you miss me, lady Lilith?"

"Tsk!" Angelina staggered a few steps after slapping Evelina's hand away from caressing her face.

Evelina's eyes widened then she closed her eyes. She smiled then said, "well. I miss you. Although...I can't say Chase does..." Evelina made a pondering expression.

"...!" Angelina gritted her teeth and clenched both her fists.

"Oh that's it! That expression you're making! I missed it so~ much! I still remember what expression you make when I would act intimate with Chase in front of your face. It was quite ugly."

"........" Angelina's head lowered.

"My...I never expected that you would reincarnate into the body of my 'dear' sister." Evelina pretended to look intrigued.

"So, it appears we meet again, Lilith" Evelina's face had a wide grin printed on it.

"Heh" Angelina sneered, then continued. "I really can never escape from you huh?" Angelina said sarcastically.

"I'll be looking forward to our future days..." Angelina patted Evelina's shoulder, turned around, and left.

*************
As soon as Evelina closed the door to her bedroom, her smile dimmed and eyes turned empty.

She reincarnated into the body of her past self. But she didn't receive her past self's memories.

She remembered everything that occured in the first timeline, but she did not receive memories of this one.

So it took some time for her to realize Lilith too reincarnated.

Evelina's eyes darkened. She still remembered her end clearly.
- - - - - - - - - - -
( Alright to make it clear, - this will indicate the beginning and ending of the flashback, while this * would indicate a change of scene or place)

As the guards dragged away the lifeless and burnt body of the former lady of the Bailey family, Evelina hid her face in Chase's chess, acting timid and scared.

Chase caressed the back of her head and spoke in a gentle tone, "it's alright, Eve. No one can hurt you anymore"

"B-but.... what did she mean by those words...?" Evelina referred to Lilith's last words. She must admit she was slightly frightened.

"She is dead now. She can't do anything to you." Chase comforted his beloved lady.

"Um...okay.." Evelina hugged his waist and walked away with him. But she managed to catch sight of a man wearing a cloak.

Everyone else had dispersed, but he remained there motionless.

The lone man's head was lowered and Evelina had to really squint her eyes to see that a teardrop fell from the man's eyes.