$ F I F T Y • S E V E N $

Important Note at the end.
• • •
Show Me How
~
September 24th, 2019
Rochester, New York
House Party

Third P.O.V.

12:02 am.
Six hours before

       Aleksander smirked at the girl who was leaning over his shoulder, twirling her hair. All of a sudden, she took his beer, taking a slow sip, making sure Aleksander's eyes were glued to her lips.

And indeed they were.

He licked his lips as she gave his drink back. She smiled ever so innocently, teasing him further. She pushed off of him gently, rubbing his arm as she stepped away. "Find me later." She said, smirking as she disappeared into the crowd.

He laughed to himself before taking a sip. All of a sudden, he felt an arm wrap around his shoulders. "Aleksander! My man." Jonah exclaimed. His eyebrows furrowed.

"Where's Zay?" He asked. Aleksander matched Jonah's expression. "Who's that?"

Jonah rolled his eyes. "Xavier, Ex-Zay-vier." He explained, smacking his lips at Aleksander's slowness.

"Oh." Aleksander responded, "Yeah, he took a step out." He finished off.

Jonah nodded. "I saw Alia come with a friend, by the way." He said.

Aleksander's eyebrows shot up. "For real?" Jonah nodded. "I don't know what's taking them so long. They're playing hard-to-get." He said, rolling his eyes. "They need to get together already."

They both chuckled, their attention wavering off of Xavier and onto the party.

Meanwhile, Xavier pursed his lips, brushing his curls back as he kicked a rock to the side. Aleksander begged and begged on until Xavier complied to go with him. Now here he was, definitely enjoying the scenery his best friend loved to be around.

The air was thick inside the mansion, so Xavier decided to come out to take a breather but he didn't see himself going back in anytime soon.

His eyes followed up at the full moon, sighing in relief. He felt tears well up before they dropped onto his cheek.

He felt a soft hand on his shoulder. Startling him, he wiped his damped eyes with the sleeve of his shirt before turning around.

Alia wiped off, realizing she interrupted a sentimental moment. "Oh, I'm sorry." She said.

Xavier shook his head. "No, you're good." He mumbled, wearing an assuring smile. She sighed, nodding her head. She bit her lip, wondering why he was out here all alone, so that's why she asked.

"If you don't want to answer, it's okay. I understand." She added.

He pursed his lips. He didn't know how to respond, knowing he wasn't ready to let it all go. He felt a hand on his back, assuring him of his decision.

They stood in silence, somewhat a nice feeling they were relishing but it soon became awkward.

"This isn't your scene," Alia mumbled, looking up at Xavier with amusement.

He hummed. "What?" He responded, his attention averting to her.

She let out a soft chuckle. "You don't seem like the person to come to parties like this one. So, why are you here?"