Make it Worth it

CHAPTER FORTY-ONEMake it Worth it

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
Make it Worth it

CHOI JISOO

As I walked into my house... my senses seemed clouded. All I could think of was that phone call that I received on the night of Tae's death... or that's what I thought.

"Sis!" Hobi shook me by the shoulders, snapping me out of my spiralling thoughts, "Did you listen to what I sai-"

"Where's dad?"

Hobi frowned, "He would be in his study, as usual... but why?"

I gritted my teeth and my fingers involuntarily squeezed the file in my hand. I didn't answer Hobi, instead, I took hasty strides towards my father's study with determination firing me up.

I needed my answers, no matter how twisted they were! I needed to know!

I slammed the door open, making my father flinch on his leather chair. He frowned and lowered his glasses, "Jisoo. You scared m-"

"What did you do to Tae?" I cut him off. The calmness of his face disappeared as he gulped and looked away from me, down at his paperwork.

Hobi finally reached the room and panted lightly, "Why did you run off like that!?" He whisper-shouted beside me.

"Tell me, dad!" I fixed my stern gaze on the man I called my father, "What did you do to him?"

I saw his jaw tick, "I don't know what you're talking about, daughter. Now if you excuse me, I have some work to do-"

"Did you kill him yourself?"

I heard a long gasp leave Hobi's lips while my fathers face snapped to me.

"What has gotten into you, Jisoo?" Hobi nudged my arm, "Why would you say something like that to him?"

My father raised his hand up, gesturing Hoseok to stop talking. His gaze fixed upon me, softened.

"Do you really think of me as a monster, dear?" His voice wavered. I felt a sting in my heart when I heard him like that.

"I don't know. You're not helping me think otherwise." I gritted my teeth, controlling my stormy emotions.

"I didn't kill anyone, dear... especially not someone who I was proud to have as my son-in-law." His voice cracked, breaking the dam in my eyes.