Chapter fifteen - Guilt

T.W. This chapter contains mentions of violence and death to a child. 

~Live POV 

We split of into different directions heading to our next classes. I have never loved history I was more interested in the future than the past. I waved good bye to my new friends and continued down the winding corridors of Hogwarts to get to Professor Bins Class. 

I past groups of Hufflepuffs girls and Gryffindor boys showing of their new broomsticks. Even a pair of Slytherins boys that looked completely identical. 

Something I hadn't noticed before is the portraits. They were painted beautifully with a person in each frame. Sometimes they would move, wave, smile and even say hello. Some would talk to the students and others would talk to each other. 

Hogwarts really was one of the most magical places in Europe.

 I reached my class only to see the room deserted, or so I thought. "Do come in Live" A voice came for inside the class room. A figure sat at one of the desks in the back of the class. The further into the class room i walked the clearer the figure became.

 Theo Wright, was staring me down from a small double desk. He had two books placed neatly on his desk, one with the title The troll wars, and the other Tales of Beedle the bard. My father used to read me the story's in that book, this was how he discovered the deathly hallows. What is a boy like him doing with that book.

~ 13 years ago 

"So Death claimed all three souls" 

"Dad what happen to Death?"

 "He lives with us all, claiming souls when needed." 

"I want the wand so I can be the most powerful witch ever." I jumped on my bed raising my hands to try to touch the ceiling. "Live it's time for bed"

 "but I'm not tired" 

"Live" 

"Fine but can you read me the bothers story again" 

"it's called the Deathly Hallows and no I've read it 3 times already tonight"

 "but it makes me sleepy look!" I dove under my covers and pretend to snore loudly.

 "Fine but this is that last time. There once was three brothers..."

~

the Deathly Hallows the Wand, the Stone and the cloak, my father had the wand once but Albus Dumbledore stole it, and that's why I've ended up in Hogwarts, I'm here to take back what is ours. 

"Hello Theo, it's nice to see a friendly face" I strode up the to desk and placed my bag on the chair next to him. "May I?" Gesturing to the chair. He didn't say a word just nodded slightly and returned to stare at the blank chalk board. I pulled out my books and placed them on the desk next to his. "May I ask you why do you have that children's book on you?"

 "Research" he replied still emotionless. 

"What kind?" I walked round the desk to sit on the chair next to his.

 "You ask a lot of questions for a girl who's supposed to be a genius"

 "I never said-" I was going to finish but I was sharply cut of. Theo diverted his attention form the blackboard to face me. 

"You think your charms stunts would stay unheard of, please this school is crawling with people who thrive of gossip and rumours. Not to mention you being friends with Bates, her little fan group wouldn't waste a second to turn you into some sort of monster for stealing 'their precious Janelle'."

 "Well then what do you have against me? I can see when I went wrong with Janelles fans and Walburga but I'm struggling to see where you come in to all this"

 "I'm sorry but-" 

"apologises accepted" I continued to glare at Theo until he resumed back to watching the blank board. By now some student had began to enter the class, so it didn't feel so awkward. I wanted to move seats but I felt as though our little conversation wouldn't end there. 

I watched as student after student entered the room each with a different expression. Some entered as pairs the others as groups. But all this time Theo still stayed silent. "Welcome class" a dreary eyes ghost floated into the class. 

I had never thought of the idea a ghost would be teaching our class. He spoke with absolutely no emphasis in any of his words. He didn't even care when students entered late. He just continued to drag on about how history of magic is said to be the most boring class but he begs to differ. Soon I felt my self zoning in and out of my head. I was consumed by my thoughts and I was so tired that I let sleep take over me.

~

"Your not like this" 

"then what am I like?"

 "Not like this, this is Gellert talking through you" 

"Oh please, don't bring my father into this, your manipulative and I've been under your control for too long!"

 "Live please" 

"Just shut up!" 

"Just know I forgive you, and I love you, you will always be my friend" A flash of green emerged out of my wand tip hitting her chest. I watched her lifeless body fall and hit the ground with a soft thud. 

"You should have run when you had the chance"

~

I awoke with a start. "Hey, keep your head down and stay quiet, he hasn't notice you fell asleep yet" I felt a hand grasp my wrist tightly. I took a deep breath and slowly lifted my head of the desk trying not to draw any attention to myself.

 "Are you ok?" Theo asks.

"Yes just a bit of a nightmare" I rubbed my temples slightly felling trying to get rid of the headache

 "who were they? The person in your dream?" 

"How do you know that?" I looked a Theo who was slightly concerned. 

"You were talking in your sleep, something like 'just shut up' and 'don't bring my father into this'" 

"She was a old friend, Vanessa her name was" it was silent for a few moments before I finally broke the ice. 

"I was 7, when she.... um... passed, that was the last thing I said to her"

 "I'm sorry, what happened to her?" I looked to the ghost who still hadn't realised that half the class was in a deep slumber. 

"She was killed, I've never forgiven myself" 

"was it your fault?"

 "Yes"

 "Well unless you were the one who killed her, then you shouldn't blame your self"

 I gave him a small smile, how I wanted to tell him I was the one that killed her and how I left her body in the field. Alone. Vanessas murder was my first real time being death. I had practiced my killing curse on spiders and small flies around the manor, but this was the first time I had killed a human. The first time I felt guilt. Father said it was weak to feel guilt, and she would have killed me if I hadn't have done it first. I have never doubted my father it's just a part of me thought Vanessa wouldn't do that to me. From that moment on I have on never felt guilt. No matter how many people I kill, or torcher for information, even when I try to fell it. Nothing comes. All thanks to Vanessa. 

"Thanks Theo" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally a chapter that isn't 2,000 words long. I thought I'd use this chapter to tell you more about live. I feel as thought I've focused a lot on other characters. She is complicated and hard character to write about that why I like to focus on the easy characters. But everyone has their secrets. 

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and stay safe. 

T.