13: Empty Promises

𝖳𝖶: 𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗎𝗆𝖺𝗍𝗂𝖼 𝖾𝗑𝗉𝖾𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗅𝗈𝗌𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾𝖽 𝗈𝗇𝖾𝗌

"Do you wanna go out sometime?"

         The air was cold and uninviting, causing Grant to shiver

The air was cold and uninviting, causing Grant to shiver. His heart was racing, and his palms were sweating. In mere minutes, he would be meeting with the dark lord. In a few heartbeats, he would officially be a death eater.

Although he knew very well which cause he supported. Grant knew that this would be a huge help to the Order. This way he could provide more help; and maybe, just maybe, put a stop to this war.

The Malfoy Manor was incredibly depressing, bringing down Grant's spirits even more (not that it was even uplifted in the first place). He sat beside his father, in the large drawing room, shivering slightly due to the chilly atmosphere.

"Compose yourself, you pathetic boy," His father hissed, noticing his slightly shaking form, "You wouldn't want to show the dark lord that you're incompetent."

Grant flinched, dreading the hand of his father; but to his surprise and relief, it never came.

Before his father could do anything, the door was opened, stealing both of their attention. Bellatrix Lestrange revealed herself, an unsettling expression placed upon her once beautiful face that was worn down from her years in azkaban.

"The dark lord wishes to see the boy now, Gordon," She said, gesturing to Grant.

The man pulled Grant up to his feet harshly, then began to drag him towards the door, but was stopped by Bellatrix who laughed maniacally.

"Oh dear, did you honestly think he'd want to see you? Not after that embarrassing incident?" Bellatrix said, looking at him with wide eyes, making his father tense. "I think he made it quite clear that he's not particularly fond of you at the moment, Lilith."

His father pursed his lips, an attempt to appear unbothered. "Very well," He muttered lowly, "Do not embarrass our family even more, boy."

Grant nodded, and readjusted his collar. Bellatrix clapped her hands enthusiastically, and motioned for him to follow her out.

They walked through the quiet hall, only the faint sound of Grant's racing heart and the clanking of Bellatrix's heels filling the air.

"You're about to bring honor to your tarnished name, Grant," Bellatrix said softly. "Be the man your father failed to be." She added, stopping in front of a regal looking door.

Grant let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. On the other side, the wizard many feared, awaits his arrival. Bellatrix knocked on the surface, then after hearing a faint "Come in", she pushed the door open, revealing him sitting on a chair, facing the window.