chapter 7 ~ bbq pringles

"You're short again" I heard Linda snap as I came out from the back. No doubt we were short because Mickey liked to steal everything but I wasn't going to bring that up. "Three hundred and twenty dollars in one week!" She went on.

I krept down the aisle to stock the shelves, pretending I wasn't listening in on their conversation.

"Cassie" She called, making me turn to face her. "You're the only one here with a pair, you're in charge of this"

Oh come on, why me? Sure I was the only one who would stand up to Mickey...i mean not really, but after the other night I didn't really want to see him.

"You got it Linda" I agreed with a fake smile. I watched her and the boy's leave the store before turning back to my job.

"Aren't you supposed to be in school?" Kash asked. We had a mutual agreement to not talk to each other, and he was currently breaking that.

"As long as I turn in the assignments my teachers don't give two fucks" I sighed, looking over at the door at the sound of the bell.

And just to my luck, none other than Mickey Milkovich came strolling into the store. I knew Linda would have our necks if anything else went missing but that didn't mean I wanted to be the one to stop him.

I looked over at Kash for help but he was to busy pretending to be occupied by his game.

For fuck's sake I was really going to have to put my ass on the line for that man.

"Heads up man, you're out of BBQ pringles" Mickey muttered, walking out of the store.

"You owe me" I muttered to my boss before chasing after him. "You have to pay for that shit, have some civic pride asshole" I called. He turned to face me, both of us surprised by what I was doing.

"Civic pride huh ginger?" He laughed. I watched him pull out a case of dip before chucking it at the window. It barely missed my head as I ducked away from the projectile.

Living with both Carl and Frank Gallagher, you got pretty good at dodging flying objects.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!?" I shouted, looking down at my even more ruined sneakers.

"You know where I live if you have a problem" He called back before flipping me off. I wanted nothing more than to beat the crap out of him but before I could, Kash stopped me.

He handed me some cash from his wallet, telling me to buy back the things he stole from another store. It sucked that it had come to that but if that was the only thing that would keep Linda from going all hell demon, it was the best plan we had.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I began my walk back to the store, box of products in hand. I wasn't sure exactly what he stole but I figured it was the same things as usual.

Chips, dip, and gatorade...

"Where the hell were you?" Linda asked as I walked into the store. I looked over at Kash, hoping his dumb ass would help me out."Where you going with all that stuff?" She snapped, grabbing the box from my hands.