Accident - Charles Leclerc

This one is requested by: kprince9983. I hope you like it. 

'Charles? What are you doing here?' You walked into the ER to see your boyfriend in one of the private rooms.

'Nothing. I'm fine.'

You looked up at his trainer. 'He crashed during the race.'

'But I'm fine, Y/N. Really. I'm all good.'

'That is my call. Now tell me what happened?' You crossed your arms in front of your chest.

'Stroll was next to me. I didn't see him. I wanted to overtake the car in front of me, but I hit Stroll and got sent into the wall,' Charles told you.

You walked to your boyfriend as you checked his vitals. 'How are you feeling now? And don't tell me you're fine.'

'I'm just a little bit sore. I thought you weren't allowed to treat family members.'

You rolled your eyes. 'I don't care. I just need to check if you are okay.' His vitals were all good, so that was a sign of relief.

'Y/N, you have found your boyfriend.'

You turned around to see your colleague walking into the room. 'Yeah. His vitals are good.'

'I know. I already checked them. I also took him up for a CT, and everything is clear.' Your colleague turned to Charles. 'The soreness will disappear in a few days. In any discomfort, you can take some aspirins.'

'Does he need to stay the night?' you asked.

'No, there is no need for that. He has a doctor at home.'

You only nodded. You looked at Charles and sighed. Every time he leaves for a race, you're afraid to get the call. You have seen first hand how bad car accidents can be, and they don't nearly drive as hard as Charles does. Now he's here at your work, and not just for a visit. He was hurt. He got involved in a crash.

'I'm okay,' Charles said, shaking you out of your thoughts. He grabbed your hand and slightly squeezed in it.

'Yeah, I know.'

After a long day, you finally got home. You had to cover the ER today, and it was so busy. After Charles left, you couldn't stop thinking about him. He had to go back to the track to pack his things and finish up some things. You expected him to be home, but there wasn't anybody here. You let yourself fall on the couch, and let out a breath. You were exhausted. Maybe you could close your eyes just until Charles got home.

You were sitting in front of the TV, looking at the race. Charles was starting from P3, with Hamilton, and Verstappen in front of him. Bottas & Stroll were right behind him. This race was going to be so exciting. The lights went out, and the cars speeded away. Bottas quickly passed Charles, but Charles kept up the pace. He was so close to Bottas. He was about to overtake him, but Stroll was right next to him. Charles made his move, but he hid Stroll. Charles got send into the wall. Immediately there was a yellow flag.

'Come on, babe,' you mumbled as you looked at the screen, waiting for confirmation that he was okay.

'Charles, are you okay?' You heard his engineer ask.

There wasn't any reply.

'Charles? Can you hear me? We need to know if you are okay.'

The yellow flag turned into a red flag. Marshalls rushed to the car. That was the last thing you saw. The tv now broadcasted how the cars drove into the pits. This wasn't a good sign. You grabbed your phone from the couch and called Arthur, Charles, his brother. He was at the track, so maybe he could tell you what was going on.

'Arthur, is he okay?' you asked as soon as he picked up the phone.

'I...'

'Arthur, what is going on?'

You heard Arthur sobbing.

'Arthur, please, tell me that he's okay.' Tears filled your eyes.

'He's... I'm sorry.'

'Y/N? Are you there?' It was Charles, his engineer.

'Yeah,' you croaked out.

'I'm so sorry. He didn't make it.'

The phone felt out of your hand. You felt your heartbreak into a million pieces. You started at the tv. Drivers started to hug each other. You could see Pierre cry. He's gone. A scream left your mouth, and you burst out into tears.

You shot up. You looked around and saw that you were in bed.

Charles was sitting next to you on the bed, looking at you with concern. 'Are you okay?'

It took you a moment to realise that everything was a dream. 'I... you...' tears rolled down your eyes. It felt so real.

'I'm here. It's okay,' Charles said as he pulled you closer to him. 'You're alright. We're both okay. It was just a dream.'

'But it felt so real,' you cried out.

'It was a dream, Y/N. You're fine. Whatever it was, it's not real.'

You looked up at Charles. 'It could be.'

'What did you dream about.'

'You. The accident. You... you didn't make it out...'

Charles was silent for a moment. 'It was just a dream, Y/N. I can't promise you that it won't happen, but I'll do my best to stay safe, too look twice before making a move.'

'I know.'

He pressed against your head. 'It's going to be fine,' he mumbled.