101"

"Miss Lupin, I believe this belongs to you" McGonagall smiled as she handed Viola the Head Girl badge back

"Thank you Professor, but I don't need it. I never did" she declined politely shaking her head.

"There is no ones else I'd rather take it" McGonagall replied

"Not even Hermione?" Viola challenged

"Not even Miss Granger. You were here when the school needed you the most" The Professor said sternly placing the badge in Violas hand.

Viola sighed as she wrapped her fingers around the badge "thank you Professor"

"You're welcome. But what to do with the students?" She asked

"We should give them an option to stay and fight or leave" Viola suggested

"But how, there is not way out-"

"There is" Viola interrupted "there's a passage from the Room Of Requirements leading to the Hogshead"

"Lupin, we're talking about hundreds of students-"

"I know Professor, but if Voldemort and the death eaters are concentrating on the school boundaries they won't be interested in anyone who's disappearing out of the hogshead. Let me sort it, I've got it" she reassured

McGonagall nodded solemnly "you do that while I
secure the castle. Go on, we don't have all night"

Viola smiled before walking up infront of the students.

"Listen up! You are being given the chance to fight or leave! Those of you who wish to leave shall follow me along with the rest of the first years! Those of you that are wanting to fight for your school shall stay here and wait to be instructed by your head of house! Am I clear?"

Several students sent her a nods of understanding.

"Good, follow me for those who do not want to fight!"

"Quickly, quickly" Viola urged as she gestured for the students to start walking through the passage "at the other end you'll find Aberforth Dumbledore. He'll look after you. Hurry, we don't have much time"

Viola ran her hand through her hair as she was about to close the portrait thinking everyone had passed through.

"Vivi? I want to fight" Maisie said from behind Viola making her jump "I want to fight with you"

Viola smiled crouching down and brushing a strand away from Maisie's face "how about you go down to the Hogsheads and protect everyone there? I'm sure they'd feel a lot safer with you there to keep them safe"

"Really?"

"Of course"

"I'll go down and look after everyone then" Maisie beamed as she hugged Viola "I'll see you later Vivi" she waved running off down the passage.

Viola let out a sight of relief before running out into the busy Chaotic corridors, pushing through masses of panicking students trying to find Professor McGonagall and Neville.

"Let me get this straight Professor" Neville started as Viola found them "you're giving us permission to do this?!"

"That is correct Longbottom. To blow it up? Boom?"

"Boom!" McGonagall confirmed

"Finally! This is my specialty" Viola laughed as Neville nudged her

"Wicked! But how are gonna do that?" Neville asked

"Why don't you confer with Mr Finnigan? As I recall he had a particular proclivity of pyrotechnics"

"We can bring it down" Seamus confirmed

"That's the spirit" McGonagall waved "now go"

Viola, Neville and Seamus all ran off, nudging each other in anticipation as they went.

"You do realise, of course, we can't keep you-know-who out indefinitely" Professor Flitwick spoke to McGonagall

"That doesn't mean we can't delay him. And his name is Voldemort, Filius. You might as well use it. He's going to try and kill you either way" she blanched taking out her wand "piertotum Locomotor!" She shouted waving her wand over the Hogwarts soldier statues. Each came to life, jumping off the walls and standing proudly before them and marching past them down the stairs "Hogwarts is threatened! Man the boundaries. Protect us! Do your duty to our school!"

Viola stood with Neville, Dean and Seamus beside her as they watched the sky glaze over with the protective boundary. Streams of blue light shon around them as a bubble formed around their school.

"It's beautiful" Viola whispered quietly taking the boys' hands "but tragic. Somewhat beautifully tragic"

"Viola?" Remus asked as he rounded the corner

"We'll see you later vi" Neville nodded as the three walked away

"Dad? Are you okay?" She asked hugging him tightly

"I'm fine Vi. How are you?"

"Okay" she sighed as she buried her face in his jacket  "go home. Please go home dad" she begged "stay with mum. Then I know you'll both be safe"

"I'm fighting, Viola, With the rest of the order. It is my duty" Remus sighed pulling away from their hug

"But-"

"I am your father. You cannot tell me what to do" Remus interrupted stroking her hair lovingly "now, go. Find your friends, safety is with numbers. I'll be with Shaklebolt and the rest of the other order members" he smiled reassuringly "I love you Vi, and be safe"

Viola nodded before letting go of her dads hand and running off into the heavy stream of students.

The air cracked with light as spells started to hit the boundary.

Viola struggled to make her way through the crowds, tripping over people as she went. Falling into someone she went to apologise only to look up.

"Harry!" She gasped throwing her arms around him

"Vi" he replied holding her tightly

"You're busy?" She asked searching his eyes while Harry nodded "go. Do what you need to do, just... don't die"

Harry frowned looking down at his shoes "I can't promi-"

"I know" Viola replied "you don't have time. Go" she smiled releasing him and running off to find Neville. Looking over her shoulder at him he gave her a weak smile before disappearing.

As she approached Neville at the bridge she took his hand in his "you ready Nev?" She whispered

"Not in the slightest" He replied quietly

"Me neither"