Epilogue and Book Two

After that, you felt as if the final three months went by in a breeze. Selena still bothered you, the harassment of Slytherins and Ravenclaws were still intolerable, but only a few times had you lashed out at them in retaliation. Mostly, your time was spent with the girls, Remus, and Peter as the classes whizzed past in a haze of spells and parchment. The last day came all too quickly.

Students were gathered around the grand front doors with pets and suitcases in tow. People were giving sad farewells if they were taking some other manner of transport home, but for the most part, everyone was taking the train. Even the ancient houses weren't above the Hogwarts Express.

"Promise you'll write? Promise?"

You groaned, hiding your irritation with a false smile. Sure, Peter was your friend, but his clinginess really got on your nerves. "Yes, I will. We all will, Peter."

He squeaked an answer as you turned to Remus, who was loading up the wagon with you.

He had seemed more... decent. He wasn't sulking about the halls anymore. You were glad that he trusted you now, enough that he would tell you when it started. There was a period before his transformation that he was exhausted, which explained the random days he would miss before the full moon. You got the homework for him those times, and the teachers, who now all were aware that you were part of the group, would happily give you it and ask no questions when you told them you had to go check on a "little problem." Much to your enjoyment, that meant you could leave the classes you didn't enjoy.

It also meant that three times since you had snuck out, you and Hagrid had spent a night in his hut talking and drinking tea as you waited for the hour that Remus would return to the castle. Hagrid was very welcoming, and despite the girls in your dorm begging to come with you, you insisted that this was a private thing that you had to deal with.

"We definitely won't see each other," you said, scoffing. "Over the summer, I mean. Jasmine doesn't like..." you glanced at the girls, who were taking a carriage behind you. Lily beamed and waved broadly at you. "You know."

"Yeah," Remus said. "I imagine not even pure-bloods like Peter and I would be able to come and see you."

"No," you muttered as you hoisted yourself into the carriage, making sure to pet the Thestral before you clambered in. "But next year, yes?"

"I-I mean," Peter needed your help in. "Of course! We're friends, right?"

"Yes, Peter!" You and Remus said in unison. The three of you laughed as the carriage pulled you away, off to the Hogwarts Express where you would end up with Selena, getting off the train and ending up all the way back at the dreadful house you lived in all summer.

At least the dung bombs, which Idiots One and Two had elected to set off on the train, were directly in front of the cabin that Selena, Lucius Malfoy, and the Black sisters were sitting in.

•••

Thank you all so much for reading! I'm so, so excited to start the next book, which will be called "Invisible."

Cant wait for you all to see! I hope you all have a wonderful day!