Chapter 5B

Lia's POV

YEJI SUDDENLY DISAPPEARED. I don't know where she went since she didn't say anything. I peered at my watch and saw it's already time. Where is she?

"Is Hwang Yeji absent?" Our homeroom teacher asked. We are currently in the teacher's office.

"She---"

"I'm sorry I'm late," Yeji declared.

I motioned for her to come next to me and she instantly obeyed.

"It's okay, Miss Hwang." He looked at the papers he was holding and seemed to be examining them. "Starting today, you're all students of Rival University! Welcome!" At once he handed us our I.Ds

"Oh! Are they the new students?" We all looked at a mid-50s man.

"Yes, Vice Principal Noh." Mr. Han replied.

"I heard that the new students are all smart. If you work hard you might be the top here and get rid of---"

Suddenly the bell rang. "Excuse us Vice-Principal Noh but we have a class to attend." Mr. Han said. The vice-principal couldn't continue what he was saying and just walk away.

"Come on, girls."

We followed Mr. Han. As we walked we could feel the looks of the students. Haven't they saw transfer students before? Those stares they're making feels like they want to kill me anytime.

We paused outside the classroom when Mr. Han entered the room the noise immediately subsided. "Class, attention.

"We'll be having five students that will transfer in our class. Please come in and introduce yourself."

The five of us went inside. You'll see different reactions from our classmates. My eyes widened when I saw that the book store guy is with his friends sitting on the back. They're our classmates?

"I'm Hwang Yeji." Yeji introduced herself first.

"Yo, the name is Ryujin." She's really cool!

"Lee Chaeryeong." Chaeryeong simply said.

"Hi! I'm Shin Yuna." She even waved.

I took a deep breath before I introduce myself. "I'm Choi Jisu but I prefer if you call me Lia."

The five of us bowed after. Applause filled the entire four-sided classroom after we introduced ourselves.

"Take your seats." Mr. Han said.

My eyes roamed around as I searched for an empty seat. We talked first about where we'll sit. The seats consist of five rows and five columns.

I sat behind Chaeryeong who was in between the Shin Cousins, Yuna was on her left while Ryujin was on the other side. Yeji was next to me on the right. I was next to the one I met at the book store. I suddenly laughed when I remembered who he had fallen way back.

"Are you laughing at me?"

I covered my mouth. "Why? Am I not allowed to laugh?"

He didn't speak. It's nice that he didn't answer. I don't want my day to be ruined by him.

I saw him talking next to Yuna's crush. I can see her glancing at where I am right now. I tapped her shoulders and approached her closer.

"Don't look at him too much, he might melt," I whispered.

"Lia!" I laughed.

Her cheek turned red. I pointed to it and she covered her cheek with her hands. Confirmed! She really has a crush on him!

"Our school will be holding an annual party to welcome all of you this weekend. It will be on Saturday and there will be a series of activities that will be involved at the event including a band competition." Yeji and I looked at each other. "If you're interested, inform Mr. Choi." Mr. Han pointed in our direction. "Is it alright, Soobin?"

My eyes widened. Why did Mr. Han assign him?

"Of course, Mr. Han." He said with a smile.

"That's all. Have a great day!" Then he left.

Yeji touched my arm. "Tell the guy next to you that we'll join the band competition."

The whole class fell silent when our next teacher arrived. I turned my gaze to Yeji who was waiting for my response to what she asked earlier. "I'll tell him later, our teacher is here."

Our first subject is math. Fortunately, the teacher just introduced herself and left. That goes to all the subjects we had. The bell rang indicating it's lunchtime.

"Lia," Yeji called me. "Tell Soobin about the band competition. Yuna and I will go somewhere first."

The two left. I bet they're going to the lavatory. Ryujin and I walked to the cafeteria. When we got inside we immediately saw the five where so many women are around their table.

"Chaer, can you tell him instead?"

"You can do it, Lia! Are you nervous?"

"Of all the contests you participate in before, it seems like you're more nervous to do this. Do you have a problem with the tall one with dimples?"

I shook my head at Ryujin. Even though I want to tell them that we had a bad start, it's still not fair for me to tell them how he fell because of karma.

I took a deep breath and started walking towards their table. I can feel the two following me from my back.

"Hi!"

Five of them were surprised by my greetings. Did I speak that loud?

"You're Lia, right?" Yeonjun asked as if he's looking for someone.

"Yeah, I'm Lia." I turned to Soobin who was also starting at me. "A-About the band competition that will be on Saturday, w-we'll be joining it."

"Okay."

"Why are they talking to TXT?"

"Are they close?"

"How will they be close when it's their first day here?"

"I'm annoyed why are they seeking their attention!"

I rolled my eyes. I'm just informing him that we'll be joining for the competition and they're making a big deal out of it? We were even told we're seeking their attention!

"They're here!" Ryujin said, looking at Yeji and Yuna who's walking in our direction.

"Are you done informing Soobin?" Yeji asked not looking at where the five were sitting. Is she have a problem with them?

I nodded. "Come on. I'm starving."

Chaeryeong frowned at me while still glancing at Taehyun who's ignoring her.

I opened my phone when I received a notification. I saw that 'SUCHOI' had a message. We met online and talked to each other from time to time to suggest or receive advice about books. I don't if SUCHOI is he or she, I just know we are both fond of books.

From SUCHOI:

Should we meet? Are you free?

We have talked about meeting each other but the date hasn't been finalized. I smiled. Finally, we'll meet each other!