53

****************************

Must be love on the brain

That's got me feeling this way

****************************

BENTLEY

"Should we put the dog back on the leash?" I ask, shifting a bit on the blanket we had set down.

We had been in Tokyo for about a week and a half now, and today Harry grabbed Michi's dog, Igo, from her backyard so we could take him on a walk through Tokyo to our final spot, Tokyo Tower.

We came a few nights ago after grabbing dinner and it was beautiful at night, but the red and white reflecting against the blue sky was just too good to be true. I liked it better during the day.... And I was a sucker for the night.

"I think he's fine." Harry returns, grabbing the red and green tennis ball and throwing it back out into the distance, watching Igo bark as he ran.

He had been playing fetch with Igo for the better part of an hour, snacking on sour gummy bears and other snacks he splurged on. We had been walking pretty much everywhere too, but my ankle was feeling so much better during the day. The bruising around it was now a gross yellow but anything beat the violent purple hues that consumed the entirety of my lower leg.

At least the boot covered it all up.

It was September now and the air was already fresher, the humidity a little lower and I was really enjoying our time here. We used one of the burners to call everyone a few days ago and they were all doing fine. Rumie and Z were laying low in Brooklyn with Niall, and Allie, Apollo and Dorian were at Disney World when I called, so they hung up pretty quickly.

Harry even got to call Emmy from one of the burners a few nights ago, and he let out a breath he had no idea he had been holding in when she practically cried on the phone from hearing his voice.

I could feel relief pouring off of him and the second they hung up that happiness was spread right through me because we fooled around like fucking teenagers for the rest of the night.

We hadn't fucked though, just because up until this morning, my ankle was killing me by the time we were alone in the apartment, and although I probably could have, I didn't want to break my ankle any more than it already is. I needed it healed soon so we could get back to our original plan, which we hadn't really talked about.

It was nice though, being here. There weren't too many people out on the lawn of the tower at this time seeing as it was the off season and people worked at 10 o'clock in the morning.

We'd met up with Liam and Michi a few times to go out to eat but Liam always had to go and when he'd bring up Louis, Harry would change the subject.

I didn't ask... and Harry didn't say anything either, but we had been actively avoiding the car ever since.

We took the train to the art museum yesterday and just walked down the halls, and he took me to the supermarket to see all the live fish and shit.

It was fun and the past few days had been renewing, but we were leaving for Kyoto in about two hours so we'd arrive before sundown.

We were driving, and we hadn't really discussed who was driving but I think I'd be fine with Harry driving just because we'd be in the mountains and I didn't really know that terrain. I just didn't know if he was down to take the wheel.