Six

Ariana
Four weeks later...

"So you see me trying to grab the box of fruit snacks and don't think to help?" I asked Dave who's head was deep into his phone.

"You can't grab it?" He asked.

"Obviously not." I said and he sighed loudly, grabbing it for me with no problems. He handed it to me and I put it in the buggy, moving onto the next aisle.

It's been about four weeks since my dad left me with Dave and when I tell you we haven't got in nothing but arguments all because of his smart ass remarks.

I'm trying to be nice but he takes me there. Honestly, it's not me anymore, it's him.

"Can you hurry yo ass up?" He asked and I sucked my teeth, mugging him.

"If you can't be patient, you can go wait in the truck." I said as I pushed the buggy to the frozen foods. Hearing him groan, I rolled my eyes.

Grabbing a pack of steak, I looked at it. I was debating on what I wanted to cook. Sitting it in the buggy, I continued to shop.

Feeling a pair of hands cover my eyes, I elbowed the person before hearing them wince.

"Damn Ari. It's just me."

I turned around to see Jordan. He was rubbing his stomach, I guess that's where I hit him.

"You can't be doing that Jordan. You scared me." I said, looking around to see Dave no where in sight.

"Why do I always see you in Walmart?" I asked and he laughed.

"Came to grab a few things for my mom." He said with a shrug and I nodded, my eyes still roaming.

They then found themselves on Dave who was talking to some girl. I cocked a brow, seeing Jordan wave his hands.

"Did you hear me?" Jordan asked. My eyes had never left Dave and I think he felt a pair of eyes on him because he looked up and his met with mines.

I watched as his eyes trailed to Jordan before he frowned. I sucked my teeth as he grabbed his phone from the girl, making his way over.

"Jordan I gotta go. I'll text you when I get home." I said walking away with the buggy.

"Who was that?" I heard Dave say.

"Nunya." I spoke, picking up some eggs and sitting them inside the buggy. He smacked his lips.

"He somebody. Matter a fact, that look like the nigga that you was dancing with at that party a few weeks ago." He said.

"Maybe." I spoke.

"Ari don't fucking play with me." He said.

"I'm not. I didn't say anything when you was talking to that girl." I said.

"Because you can't. For one, you ain't my girl." He said.

"Exactly your not my man so you can't tell me who I can and can't talk too." I said.

"Yeah but I'm an adult." He said and I stopped.

"You say that all the time. That's just an excuse for you to run me. You might be an adult but I'm almost one so get it right." I said going to the check out line.

Paying for the groceries, he helped me put them in the buggy and we were out.

The ride home was silent and I didn't have anything to say. He was so controlling and demanding.

He better be glad I liked that shit. If age just wasn't a number.

*
It's been quiet between me and Dave since we made it back. That was earlier during the day, now it's 8:09 at night.