1.1) To the Waters & the Wild - Pt. 1

Third Person's POV:

Mia and Riven were walking around the courtyard looking for Sky.

"Would you please stop swinging that knife around. You're going to gauge an eye out," Mia said.

Riven chuckled, "Calm down Mia, I know what I'm doing."

Mia playfully rolled her eyes, "Sure, tell that to the scar on my left leg."

"Oh my gosh, it's been two years. Are you never going to let that go?"

Mia giggled, "I'm just messing with you, Riv. Look there's Sky," she said, pointing to where Sky was during the last part.

They walked to up Sky and saw him talking to a red headed girl that looked lost.

"Quit perving on the first years," Riven said as they got to Sky.

"Riv just give me one second, ya?" Sky asked.

"Why? So you can chase after her?" Mia raised an eyebrow and chuckled.

Sky turned around and saw that the redhead was speed walking away.

"Nope," He said before Riven pulled them into a hug.

"How have you guys been?" Sky asked.

"We've been fine." Riven said as he put his arm around Mia's shoulders.

"That's right, I forgot. You guys spent the summer together right?" Sky asked.

"Yup, but enough about us. How have you been?" Mia asked, wanting to avoid telling Sky what they did during the summer.

"My summer was pretty uneventful, I spent most of the it training and I haven't talked to Stella since she broke up with me," Sky answered.

"Speaking of Stella, I think we're suitemates this year. Whish me luck."

"She's not that bad Mia," Sky said.

"Not that bad? Bro, she's psycho. I'm just praying Mia can see by the end of the year," Riven said.

"Seriously, Riven," Sky said, looking upset.

"Come on guys, the school year hasn't even started yet. Can we please not fight?" Mia asked.

"Of course," Sky said, while Riven said, "Sorry, Mia."

"Anyway, we should all be heading to our suites. I'll see you guys later," Mia said before giving Sky and Riven each a hug.

Once they all said bye to each other, Mia starting walking to her suite.

*****

Mia walked into the suite, dragging her luggage behind her.

She walked into her room, "Hello, Stella. I hope you don't mind that you're sharing a room with me."

"Of course not," Stella said as she looked for something to wear.

The redhead from earlier walked to the door and stood there watching Stella as Mia silently unpacked her things.

"May I help you?" Stella asked, looking at herself in the mirror.

"Yeah, uh.. are you changing?" The redhead asked.

"I am."

"It's just, I thought that the orientation was a casual thing," the redhead explained.

"It is," Stella confirmed, still not looking at the redhead as she picked out a skirt to wear.

"So a casual thing that you're changing for?" The redhead asked, confused.

"People have seen me in this outfit already, they'll expect something different," Stella explained.

"People expect you to wear multiple outfits a day?" the redhead chuckled.

"People expect my to care how I look," Stella said, looking the redhead up and down.

Stella then snapped her fingers, making a light appear.

"Something else?" Stella asked.

"That light, that's magic. How exactly do you-"

"I'm a mentor, not a tutor," Stella said, seemingly fed up with the redhead.

Stella sighed when she saw the look on the redhead's face, "Look, this is something you're going to learn on your first day of class, but fairy magic is linked to emotions. It could be good thoughts, it could be bad. Love. Hatred. Fear. The stronger the emotion, the stronger the magic."

The redhead chuckled, "So do you hate me or do you fear me?"

Stella looked at her confused, "It's just that, you were looking at me when you did the spell. I'm pretty sure you don't love me, so..." the redhead explained.

"Well, I don't know you," Stella laughs before snapping her fingers, making the light disappear.

"But, I'm sure once I do I'll find something to love," Stella continued before walking out of the room.

Once Stella was out of the room, Mia looked at the redhead, "Don't pay attention to her, she can be a bit of a b*tch sometimes. Anyway, my name is Mia. What's yours?" Mia asked, holding out her hand.

"Uh, Bloom," Bloom replied as she shook Mia's hand.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Bloom, but I must get going," Mia said before leaving the room.

Right as she was about to leave she heard Stella say, "Everyone loved the secret garden because it was a secret."

"Actually, that's not quite the message of the secret garden. If anything it's about how if things are kept private, they're benefits aren't fully appreciated," Terra explained before receiving a dirty look from Stella.

"Can't you go five seconds without being an a**hole, Stella?" Mia asked.

Stella rolled her eyes, "Mind your own business, Mia."

"Whatever," Mia said before leaving the suite.

*****

Mia walked up to the barrier and went through it.

She walked for a little while before she spotted Riven and sat next to him.

"Hello there," She said before taking out her wax pen.

"Wow, taking risks are we," Riven laughed as he blew out smoke.

Mia blew out some smoke before saying, "Shut up and kiss me already."

Riven pulled into a kiss, on of his hands cupping her cheek while hers were tangled in his hair.

They made out for a while before separating to catch their breath.

Just as they were about to kiss again, Mia heard something.

"What was that?"

Riven looked at her confused, "What was what?"

Mia stood and and moved towards the sound, Riven following her.

Mia eyes widened as she saw a dead man full of large cuts and blood, "Holy sh*t!"

Riven rushed to stand next to her, "What is it-" he said before screaming that the sight of the man.

*****

A/N: Thank you guys for reading and I hope you enjoyed this chapter! :)

Published: 02/13/2021

Words: 1,022