Chapter seventy - Saving Strange

"Come here, we got a situation." Tony said, beckoning you and Peter over to where he was standing.

You looked down to see Ebony Maw interrogating Doctor Strange, who was floating above the ground horizontally, face down, surrounded by dozens of glassy needles which were each about two feet long. The levitating cloak was hovering, quite clearly anxious, behind you.

Tony took a deep breath.

"See him, down there? He's in trouble. What's your plan? Go." he said to Peter.

"Um. Okay... okay. Did you ever see this really old movie, Alien?" Peter asked you and Tony. Tony shook his head and you shrugged apologetically.

"Really, aw man, you should see it, it's so great..." Peter trailed off at the look on Tony's face.

"Okay, anyway. Here's what I'm trying to say."

Peter quickly explained his plan, which was crazy and dangerous but was better than anything you could come up with. Tony seemed to be thinking along the same lines.

"Well, no time like the present." Tony said, and dropped down off of your platform to the ground, landing behind Ebony Maw. You and Peter watched as they exchanged some words that you couldn't hear, and then Maw began to summon large metal objects to float menacingly behind him.

Tony said something sharp, and then raised a hand to blast a huge hole in the wall behind Maw. Immediately everything, including you, Peter and Strange, was sucked towards the opening in the side of the ship. The pole you had been planning on grabbing hold of for stability proved extremely unhelpful almost instantly, snapping off in your hand and flying towards the hole, along with you.

Strange had been pulled free of the needles Maw had been torturing him with, but he was now heading towards the hole in the side of the ship, helpless to resist. His cloak tried in vain to hold him back, but Strange's arm slid loose and he continued towards the gaping hole. You teleported towards a sturdier looking pole on the other side of the ship, grabbing on to it and twisting your head to try and see what was going on behind you.

Just as you were coming up with a hasty plan to teleport to Strange and back over to the pole with him, Peter shot a strand of web towards the wizard from one hand and shot another towards a piece of the ship behind him, straining to hold the two together.

The strand of web connected to the wall quivered and then snapped, and you gasped as both Peter and Strange flew towards the hole. As they reached the very edge of the ship Peter grabbed hold of Strange, and then eight metal spider-like legs shot out from the back of Peter's suit, bracing against the wall around the hole to stop the two of them from being sucked out.

"Yes! Wait, what are those?!" Peter yelled. The legs bent in a crouch, and then straightened to make a huge leap back into the ship. Tony immediately used something in his suit to spray the hole, and it sealed back up instantly. You fell to the floor, and when you looked up Strange was on the floor too. Peter had landed on his feet, next to the levitating cloak.

"Hey, we haven't officially met." he said, offering the cape his hand. The cape ignored him and floated over to Strange, who was getting to his feet, and attached itself back to his shoulders.

"Cool." Peter said. You stared at him in confusion and amazement. He had to be sixteen, if not fifteen, and he was dealing with being stranded in space and almost having just died extremely well. Maybe he was in shock. As you got to your feet you were met with the sight of Ebony Maw floating, quite dead, outside of the ships window.

You turned away.

"We've gotta turn this ship around." Strange said. Not even a 'thank you'? Wow, Tony was going to love that. You walked towards them slowly.