52 • Fun

they are both so adorable 😔

• Chapter 52 

"Yo, Cho-a, when you said that you suck at bowling you really weren't lying," Chenle declared, proud of the younger one's honesty as he patted her shoulder.

The girl rolled her eyes. Whereas Jisung and Renjun had met to have a heart to heart, the other five went out to have some fun.

Well, 'fun'.

Actually, it was something closer to torture. An hour of continuous failure and embarrassment. And now they were on their way home, walking through a comfortably calm night.

"Let's talk about something else," Cho-a pleaded under her breath, making the others laugh.

"Sure," Jeno agreed, eyes jumping between her and Chenle. "How's the training going?"

Chenle didn't give her a chance to answer before he made a couple of big steps and turned around, so that he was walking backwards in front of the other four.

"You wouldn't believe it!" He seemed proud, eyes sparkling with fascination. "She improved so much! Even Johnny says so."

Haechan looked at him with wide eyes. "Johnny?" Chenle nodded. "You told Johnny who she is?!"

The younger one dismissed his worries right away and glimpsed at Cho-a.
"Firstly, she allowed me to tell him," he said. "Secondly, do you think I can be a test subject for her powers every day? I need a break too."

He sighed, let his head fall back dramatically, eyes staring up at the sky above.

"She is stronger than you think. Don't let her human side fool you," Chenle warned in a whisper, hand reaching up into the sky before he pulled it down to his chest.

Rolling her eyes, Cho-a slapped the older one's shoulder. "Don't be so overdramatic."

Although he was joking, he wasn't lying. "No, seriously, she is doing well," he noted eventually, smiling sweetly at the girl. "Don't worry."

She copied his smile, happy about his praise. However, it soon faded when she dragged her eyes over to her right. She stopped walking and so did the other four.

Before they got so say anything, Cho-a turned to Haechan and Chenle.
"We will wait in the park over there," she told them. "Take your time."

And soon enough, the two disappeared.

Even though Jaemin and Jeno were confused for a moment, they quickly understood. Jaemin looked at the girl worriedly.

"Another accident...?" he asked but Cho-a quickly shook her head. She pointed somewhere towards her right, at a building that stood behind buildings.

"It's in that hospital," she noted before she walked into the park, followed closely by the other two. She sat down on one of the benches and looked to the side with a smile. "Nothing bad. They feel calm, not scared."

Jeno and Jaemin sat down next to her. "You can really feel that?" Jeno asked curiously at which she just hummed in reply.

It followed a second of silence and then a second in which Jeno rolled his eyes up to stare at the sky as he thought. "Oh, right! We never thanked you!"

Cho-a turned to the boy in surprise and so did Jaemin.

"For what?" she asked and the younger of the two boys seemed equally confused. So Jeno pulled Jaemin closer and whispered something into his ear.

His eyes widened and he quickly nodded. "Oh, that!"

Meanwhile, still confused, Cho-a just watched them wordlessly before they eventually simultaneously said,
"Thank you for not letting us die that day."

Jaemin grinned happily. "It's nice not to be dead."

"Oh, that," Cho-a said under her breath as she understood.

Jeno frowned. "You are both horrible." He gestured wildly. "That was like- the big thing in our lives and you two just forget about it?"

Cho-a and Jaemin looked at each other, both thinking about whether or not that was meant as a rhetorical question. They considered answering but, then again, weren't quite sure.

So Jaemin half-changed the topic.

"By the way, why did you think that we would be angry at you?" he questioned the girl, which took her aback considering that neither of the two was around when she mentioned that.

"Who told you that?" she asked baffled.

"Your boyfriend," Jaemin replied, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"Jisung?" she thought out loud, making Jeno gasp.

"So you two really are a couple?!" he shouted, excited and confused at the same time. All the while, Jaemin just quietly carried a proud smile on his lips.

Cho-a looked around. "Wait, how do you even...?" she asked Jaemin eventually, who put a hand above his heart. Did Haechan tell them?

"Call it fatherly instinct," he said casually.

Sitting still, staring at him a little weirded out, she nodded. "Sorry for asking."

Given the time, it was quiet inside the park. Silence pushed through the leaves and bushes, wrapped itself around branches and lampposts and even covered the three friends, which they didn't mind.

They felt comfortable enough with one another to not feel awkward in this silence, to not turn stiff and helpless. They just sat in each other's company, willing to wait like this even longer.

However, their little calm bubble quickly burst, when a familiar yet equally annoying voice suddenly started speaking. It pierced through the air, attracted the three's attention immediately.

"It's you?" Young-hee laughed in disbelief, looking at the younger girl that sat calmly next to the two boys. "That half-half scum is you?" 

Cho-a presented herself unimpressed whereas Jaemin and Jeno sat up in mild panic.

"I asked you something," Young-hee said through gritted teeth after Cho-a decided not to answer. She stepped closer to the three.

Upon noticing how Jaemin and Jeno both shuffled back slightly, Cho-a got up. She buried her hands in the pockets of her jacket. She wasn't surprised that Young-hee eavesdropped. 

"So?" Cho-a asked rather disinterested as she took another step towards the older one in order to get her further away from Jaemin and Jeno.

Young-hee clenched her jaw. "What? Who do you think you are? You have dozens upon dozens of grim reapers looking for you yet you pretend to be so laid back."

Pausing momentarily, Cho-a looked around curiously before coming to the conclusion that,
"Really? I see only one."

"Pretty cocky for such a freak."

"Oh no why-" Cho-a put a hand above her heart as she pulled the edges of her lips down, fake quivering in sadness. "What a great insult. I am devastated."

Young-hee clicked her tongue, turned away from the girl a little. Suddenly, her eyes fell onto the boys. Grinning mischievously, she made a weak attempt to step past Cho-a and towards the other two. However, she was stopped quickly.

Cho-a stepped in front of her. Her expression was near to emotionless.

"If you so much as touch them..." she began and let her eyes fall onto Young-hee's neck that was half-covered by her hair. Cho-a pushed a strand of it behind her shoulder. "I will rip your head off."

• Fun 

[this chapter is kinda unedited!!]

hello hello there~

get ready for Cho-a vs Young-hee