⤷ 30| THE POWER OF LOVE

chapter thirty : the power of love

☆ ☆ ☆

When Juniper opened her eyes, she wasn't met by the sight of the graveyard. Instead, she felt soft fabric under her and when she raised her head, she realized she was laying on a bed. Frowning, she sat up and swung her legs over the edge of the bed, half expecting to see the hospital wing.

This wasn't the case.

June was back in Grimmauld Place. In Regulus' room, to be more specific.

What was she doing here?

Juniper stood up, grabbed her wand from the nightstand and opened the door. The hallway was deserted as she stuck her head out. Music came from the living room downstairs and slowly, June descended the stairs, wand raised.

However, what she saw made her lower her wand.

Regulus Black was sitting behind the piano, his fingers flying over the keyboard. He didn't seem to realize she was watching him as he continued whatever song he was playing and June didn't dare to interrupt him.

When Regulus finished the song, June was on the bottom of the stairs, her wand back in her pocket.

The black haired man turned around and looked at her. It wasn't until now that June realized how much she resembled him.

Regulus took his time as he eyed her intensely, trying to take in every single thing of her.

It was weird to see her father so young, June realised. He was barely older than she was.

Regulus shuffled towards the side of the stool, making room for her. "Play with me?" he asked.

"I — er — don't know how to play the piano," June replied honestly.

"I'll teach you," her father said kindly. "Come."

Juniper sat down next to him, still looking at him with a dazed look. She could definitely see the similarities between him and Sirius.

"Hold your hands like this," Regulus said, touching her hands to correct them. June was surprised to feel that his hands were actually quite warm.

In the next half hour, Regulus explained her the basics of playing piano and June found out she was a rather fast learner.

Regulus smiled proudly as they played together. It was a simple tune, but she did it nonetheless.

"I am dead, aren't I?" June asked, although it was more a statement than a question.

Regulus looked at her, his grey eyes — the same ones that Sirius had — only showing sadness and love.

"Shit."