13 | A Warm Gush

Vikrant :

It was three days later when I woke up, to find no music or anything to annoy me.
The last three days had been really different for us. I won't say happy or anything but different.

From stealing glances to frequently hugging each other. This was so weird but we liked it anyways.

When I opened my eyes I saw Simran's cat Bagheera was curled up on top of my chest, sleeping peacefully.

"Bagheera bro, good morning.", I said still lying and looking at it as it said a lazy "meow" once and remained curled up, without an effort to move.

"If there was the laziest ever award, it would go to you boy.", I said picking the cat on top of me and placed it on the bed.

Bagheera gave me a "How dare you wake me up" look and then went back to sleeping.

I got off the bed and decided to freshen up when I heard the sound of bustling and laughing voices from outside. My hand was not aching as much as yesterday so I decided to not wear the sling for now.

I immediately freshened up and went out to find my aunt and her family laughing and enjoying downstairs.

"Oh ho! Look at Vikrant!", my aunt, who was a woman in her fifties said grinning at me.
I smiled awkwardly with a nod as I climbed down the stairs and then touched her feet.

"Uff.. Viku beta, when will you change?", she asked giving me a bear hug, almost breaking one of my ribs.

When you stop calling me Viku
I thought in my mind as I forced a smile.

I looked to her side to find Simran, in an animated conversation with my cousin sister Nikita.

Simran wore a peach colour t - shirt with denim jeans, looking effortlessly gorgeous.
Nikita was in a purple gown like dress.
" Arrey! You know your wife knows my darling Nikki.", Aunty said as Simran and Nikita looks at me.

"Vikrant!", Nikita said excitedly as she gave me a tight hug.
Both mother daughter had a diploma in "How to almost break a rib while hugging".

"Yeah.. Thanks.", I said as she released me from the hug.
"Where's Jayesh?", I asked finding her friendzoned lover missing.
"He's coming. I asked him to get some chocolates for all of us.", she said with full on attitude.

"Oh.. Okay. I have to go, got work.", I said.
"Work? On Valentines Day?", Nikita asked giggling.

I felt my face getting warm.
"Erm.. I don't believe in this valentine's day and all. It's all nonsense.", I said as my aunty said from behind,
"Yes, in childhood he wanted to shoot all the teddy bears in the market!", and started laughing like it was some colossal joke.

Simran too smiled, trying hard to not laugh with Nikita and my Aunt who's only job seemed roasting me.

"Yeah.. Whatever.", I said and walked out of the house.
As I sat back in my car my phone rang.

Vijay Nagar.

"Yes?", I asked.
"You remember, I hope, that you gave a date with your wife in my hotel.", he said as I sighed.
I had completely forgotten about it.
"Of course I do.", I lied.
"I'll send the car for you then. Have a great day man!", he said as I hung up and sat back.

I wouldn't lie, I did feel excited about this.

....

It was around five in the evening. I had informed Simran about the date already.

I was wearing a black shirt with a blue blazer over with with black trousers, waiting patiently for her to come downstairs.
There was silence in the mansion because aunty and Nikita were out for some shopping.

And then there was the sound of high heels hitting on the floor. I turned back and froze. I could not tear away my eyes from her. She looked so damn gorgeous, I had stopped breathing for a moment.

She wore a saree, a black saree with a velvety purple border. She wore lenses and eye lashes to suit her perfect make up.
And moreover her smile.

She glowed.
I suddenly felt so lucky that I had her with myself.

"What happened Sher Khan?", she asked softly, almost out of concern.
"Yea.. What.. No, nothing. I am fine.", I said fumbling as I finally forced myself to look away.

"Sir, the car's here for you.", the watchman said.
I cleared my throat.
"Yea.. We are coming.", I said.

I looked at Simran.
"How do I look?", she asked, blushing slightly.
There were so many words in my head, buzzing but as I opened my mouth I only said, "Beautiful."

"Thank you.", she replied softly.
I placed my hand before her for her to take.
She placed her hand on mine, I felt a warm gush throughout my being as I held her hand and led her out of the house with me.

....

Valentine's Date in the next chappy!

Don't forget to vote and comment!