n i n e t e e n

People were staring at the duo, Takuma and Y/n, whose hands were intertwined like a couple, which some had led themselves to that kind of conclusion because of everything that they'd witnessed over the course of the days that flew by with all possible haste. The other had a charming smile on his countenance, causing girls to fawn over him despite the possibility of him being in a relationship, and the other had a pissed off look on their face causing almost everyone to cast their gazes away since they thought that it was her being jealous of these lasses gawking at her hypothetical significant other.

That couldn't be further from the truth.

Altho you were cognizant of the ways you two should act since you two had that agreement, doing something like this out in public with the fake relationship of you two still unannounced had you feeling that what you were doing was wrong. Oh well, you just got to suck it up and not be a prissy infant since you did have something to gain from this as well and it was only proper if you did your part.

"I do know that we have a deal about me being your girlfriend, but shouldn't you head off towards your classroom?" You made sure to speak in a hush manner so as to not accidentally reveal the deal that you two partook in.

"I know, I know. I'll go now, okay?" Now in front of the door of the classroom, he decided to finally leave you alone which was a win for you. "At long last-" But it was too early for you to bask in your happiness at being left companionless, because the next thing you knew, his lips landed on your forehead causing you to be dumbstruck. Once your mind had returned to its normal way of thinking, he was long gone before you even had the chance to kick his ass.

"Not even warning me that he was planning to do something like that... The nerve." You quickly made your way towards wherever seat was available since up 'til now, your professor had made no moves to make a seating plan for her students.

You always chose to sit in the middle, not in the back where your focus would wander somewhere else due to being complacent with the teacher not noticing you, and not in the front where your teacher could easily spot you and grind you with questions just because you were the nearest to her.

Now that you were left alone, your thoughts now had the chance to plague you with different ones. Simply put, you weren't technically the most observant person in this room. But when one person whom you knew was blatantly ignoring you, you'd immediately have the hunch that something wasn't right here.

And by that 'one' person, you mean Enki.

You expected something like this to happen but not to this extent. You predicted that after just a few minutes of cooing for him to notice you, he'd eventually give in. Or after a moment or two max, he'd forget his sulking about you not telling him the news immediately since he was your best friend. Lamentably, none of which you had hoped for had worked, leaving you with this heavy feeling in your chest causing you to sigh because of it.

"Not having the best day?"

You scooted over to the left before grabbing your bag as you tried to stand up- an action you weren't given the privilege of executing because of a certain someone stopping you. "Just where do you think you're going?" And you just plopped down on your former seat because you had no intention of wasting the littlest bits of energy you had at the present time by arguing with him.

"Hm? Nowhere." You just shrugged before lolling your head backward, using the back support of your chair as a pillow and placing an arm above your eyes to act as in improvised sleeping mask.

"So." You weren't really in a mood to talk to someone right now, but seeing that you wouldn't want to play with fire due to how dangerous this man was despite him not appearing like that, you chose to entertain him with whatever he had to say.