THIRTY-ONE

Bren seized my hand, tugging on it

Bren seized my hand, tugging on it. Spinning around, I flew back into him. I hit his chest, and his other arm captured me there, holding tight.

And then Bren's lips smashed onto mine.

I gasped from the suddenness of it, and he instantly deepened the kiss, thrusting his tongue into my mouth. Without hesitating, I kissed him back.

He began walking us to the open elevator doors without breaking from my mouth. His hand flew up, stopping the doors from closing just in time, and we slipped into the hallway, still entwined.

"834," Bren groaned against my lips.

"What?"

"Room 834."

Who knew how we found it. But we did, kissing and stumbling over the expensive oriental carpet. Bren's hands had given up on the tentative, teasing touches, and he was now fully gripping my ass, squeezing it as he unlocked the door.

"Damn, Madie. This dress," he said, his voice coming out like gravel.

The door clicked, signaling we were free to enter. Bren wasted no time, pushing me inside and up against the wall, greedily cupping my breasts over my dress. The only sound in the room was my sharp intake of breath before Bren attacked my lips again.

But the kiss was only momentary before being ripped away.

The effect it left on me, however, was not. My entire body had been drugged by those kisses. And I needed more.

But Bren had backed away. I was left alone to lean against textured wallpaper as Bren paced in front of me. He was dragging his hand over his face, gripping onto his mask in...frustration?

"Bren?"

His hand dropped as he looked at me. "God, I'm sorry."

The expression he wore was full of shame, and I was left gaping, completely clueless. I frowned at him until he continued.

"I should know better than to be so rough with you. I shouldn't be pushing you into walls."

I immediately shook my head, understanding. "Bren, no. That's not why I gasped."

He blinked at me.

A smile inched onto my face. I took one step toward him. And then another. "Push me into walls, Bren," I said, encouraging him. When he still hesitated, I added softly, "I know you'd never hurt me. I trust you. And I want you the way you want me. I gasped because I want you."

At that, something snapped inside Bren. He seized my waist with determination, walking me back until we were plastered against the wallpaper again.

My body was beyond thrilled.

That drugging, heated kiss continued. And his fingers resumed their task of curling over the top seam of my dress. "Don't you dare rip it," I threatened.