Chapter 1

"Doctor, is my wife alright? why isn't she awake yet?"

"Judging from the results, apart from the superficial wounds, only the damaged tissues of her right leg are a bit a problem— everything else is fine. She should wake up soon."

"Then can we leave once she wakes up, doctor? We don't want her to stay in hospital."

"This... if you are adamant about her recuperating at home, it is fine but take a notice not to stress her leg. It needs time to heal properly."

"Yes, of course. Thank you, doctor."

Tang Tang raised her ears as she secretly listened to the conversation. She didn't dare to open her eyes. Even her breathing was kept at a slow pace so others wouldn't know she was actually awake.

When the conversation ended, she heard a set of footsteps walking further and further away. The man had left, and only the woman who was speaking before remained in the room.

"Ai, there is really never a moment of peace. Marrying this woman really is unfortunate. I really don't know what he was thinking at the time. And he is such a talented man as well. Ah!" It was like she suddenly remembered something and quickly left the room, and it became silent once again.

After she was certain the room was empty, she solely opened her eyes. The first thing she saw was a white ceiling and a square object installed into it.

Tang Tang quietly let out a breath. Then she slowly looked at her surroundings. The more she looked, the more worried she became.

What a strange place. There were many objects that she had never seen before. As people walked past her room, she noticed that even the clothes that people wore were strange. Also, she noticed the men had very short hair while the women actually let their hair loose. No matter how she looked at it, it was all very strange to her.

Where was she?

She was dead. Her older step sister had pushed her into the water. There were many people who had witnessed it but no one came to save her. Her nanny was the only one who loved her but she had been kicked out of the household. No one would save her. There was no point in living so she might as well give up and let the water drown her. Maybe she would see her mother in the other word and experience a mother's love. So shouldn't she be in the nether world? Why was she here?

Or was this the nether world? No, no, no, it can't be. Even though she didn't know what the nether world looked like, she was curtained this was not the place because she could see that the people here were still alive. So this couldn't be the place called the nether world.

Tang Tang was getting increasingly confused. She used all her strength to pinch her arm. It was so painful she almost screamed out in pain. That proved she was not dreaming. Everything was real.

Since she couldn't figure out what happened, Tang Tang subconsciously looked down. She was shocked again at the sight of herself.

She was so skinny – and unbelievably thin. Her wrist looked like it could be snapped when twisted. While her hands looked like chicken claws, it was just skin and bones. The bones were visibly sticking out and it looked like they would puncture through the skin at anytime. What was even scarier were the blue veins visible on her skin because she was too thin. Her body looked so different compared to her original self.

Tang Tang was certain this was not her body. This body was not hers. She was in someone else's body!

This thought scared Tang Tang so much that her heart pounded rapidly. It was unfathomable. It was impossible but the truth was right in front of her. Just like in those written stories she had read, she had transmigrated.