Moving In and Meeting the Team (Part 1)

"Pepper will be by around noon to help you move your things to the compound." Tony says while tinkering with one of the lab tables.

That sentence takes you by surprise, and Tony looks at you when you do not respond. "Something wrong?" he asks.

"Live here? As in full-time?" is all you can manage to say.

"Yes. Many of the Avengers actually do, some full-time, others while we are training, have meetings, or are on a mission." Tony explains to you. He then realizes how soon the moving-in request must be for you, and his expression changes. "But, you do not have to move here. There are plenty of rooms though."

You've been partially listening to Tony, while also contemplating moving here in your mind. "I guess being here every day would take a decent amount off of my commute every morning....So, yes." 

"Fantastic! Actually," Tony looks at his watch, "Some of the rugrats should be arriving here soon, if you would like to meet them...."

"Sure!" Tony leads you out of the lab and back to the main room, where a few more people are now hanging around. Their attention goes to you and Tony when you enter. 

"Gang, this is Cassidy. She will be working with Bruce and I in the lab, starting tomorrow." Tony puts his hand on your shoulder and stands next to you. 

You take a quick glance at the group in front of you, "Hi. Nice to meet all of you."

A woman with brown/redish hair is the first to greet you, "Hey, I'm Natasha, but everyone calls me Nat." She says with a smile.

Next, a man extends his hand, "Steve Rogers, Captain America." You cannot help but notice his muscles and stature. When shaking your hand, he smiles. 

"Hey, kid. I'm Clint, aka Hawkeye." Another man approaches you, shaking your hand. Clint's expression remains serious, hard to read.

"Miss Cassidy, I am Thor of Asgard. God of Thunder." He also shakes your hand, and his overall introduction of himself takes you aback, but you're nonetheless impressed. 

Finally, there is a younger man, even younger than you. "Hi, I'm Peter Parker, and also Spiderman." Peter almost stutters through his introduction, which you find unusual for an Avenger, but you can tell right away that he puts his heart is in the right place. 

"More of the crew will be arriving tomorrow, so you will meet them then," Tony says.

"As great as it was meeting all of you, I must head home for the rest of the night. I have some school things to finish up." You smile at each of them, and Tony gets ready to walk you to the elevator.

Once outside the door, you turn to Tony and Pepper with a smile. "Today was really great, thank you." 

"I will be by your apartment tomorrow to help you with your things," Pepper says, "I will call you when I am on my way."

"Sounds great!" Tony puts his hand out to shake yours, but without even thinking, you pull him in for a hug. Initially, this takes Tony by surprise, but within 2 seconds, his arms go around you as well, his head resting on your shoulder. 

Even only knowing Tony for less than a week, you can tell his hug is genuine, as is the hug you're giving him. This is the happiest and most comfortable you've felt since before your mom got sick. 

You head down in the elevator with a small smile on your face, looking forward to tomorrow.