Chapter 1-The Mischievous Sprite

A month had passed since the Island test had concluded. After we returned to school, I had a date with Ibuki. Well, what can we say, a forced date? It might seem surprising change but, no one had suspicions on me anymore it seems. But it works in my favor so I don't mind. I looked outside the window waiting for Chabashira sensei to enter the class and start the lecture.

The students of Class D were really enjoying their time. Well Class D did come at the top. I was no longer bound to obey anyone's orders. Matsushita might be a problem but I don't mind as long as she doesn't investigate me.

The relationship between me and Horikita was same as before. But as I observed her more and more, I she really had changed. She no longer was the arrogant girl everyone knew. She had turned over a new leaf. Class D has grown in these months since the year started.

Our lineup now had two capable leaders, Matsushita and Horikita. Though Horikita had lost her popularity last special exam, her opinion was still considered important by the whole class.

Hirata and Karuizawa's relationship looked more and more unnatural. Something was definitely wrong. Hirata's smile seemed to be artificial rather than genuine.

And lately kushida is acting strange around Horikita. I don't know much about kushida but it seems as if she has a grudge on Horikita for some reason. But I have not seen Horikita talk to anyone since she entered this school.

Could it be they know each other way before they entered this school. I remembered a popular line from a western movie, 'Our friendship goes way back'. But I can't imagine Kushida and Horikita being friends. No, their personalities are two extreme points.

Why do this thoughts keep nagging me? Why do I even care about the class issues? I now have an ordinary life but still I feel curious. I groaned when I felt a sharp pain on my arm. I looked at the side to see Horikita glaring at me. These toppers, they take studying too seriously. Can't they take it easy for once. But they still are the toppers. I mean it is difficult to score this high marks in the first year of high school in such a convenient high school. This school basically has all the facilities for distraction, like the movie theatre, the food court and much more. It's not hard to get swayed by it and neglect your studies. Because You just have to pass and graduate as Class A to secure a job or a higher education.

Sometimes I think this is unfair for the students who actually have the ability but still don't get opportunities just because they graduated from a class other than D. That's why I feel reluctant to help this class. Do they even deserve to be in Class A? Now that I look, none of them have actually contributed to the class.

A famous geologist Charles Darwin once quoted, "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change."

Does this class really deserve to graduate from Class A. Yeah, I am curious about this? Does this class really have what it takes to rise to the top? Let me see for myself,

Whether I should help them or leave them to their own devices.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Time skip

The classes had just ended and I was on my way to home. I wondered whether I should stop by keyaki mall. It's been quite a while since I went there. In the end I decided against it, that would be too much of a hassle. As I was on my way, I spotted a familiar figure at a distance. She was with one more person. The other person looked quite short for her age and she was taking the aid of her cane to walk. She too had spotted me.