Chapter 3

After dinner, Aunt Li washed the dishes and then she decided to watch a drama on TV. When she finished watching two episodes, it was already 9:30 PM, she knew that children should be going to sleep at this time. However Xiao Zhuo was still playing on the sofa.

Aunt Li patted his back and said, "Xiao Zhuo, it's 9:30 now. You should take a bath and then go to bed."

In response, Ji Xiao Zhuo glanced at the time and pursed his lips. He was reluctant to part with the tablet in his hands and softly said, "Aunt Li, I want to wait a bit longer before going to bed."

Aunt Li glanced at the tablet in his hand and sighed while stroking his head, "Xiao Zhuo ah, it's already half past nine, your father won't video call. He must be on a mission. He'll call you when he is free, so go to sleep first, okay?"

Ji Xiao Zhuo silently lowered his head. He touched the tablet, lifted his head, and replied, "Let me wait for a bit longer. Daddy could call at any minute now. Please?"

Aunt Li could only nod helplessly in response, "Alright, just another 30 minutes and then you must go to sleep."

Ji Xiao Zhuo nodded, and then he continued staring at the tablet.

Tang Tang sat silently on the sofa. She also stared at the tablet as she didn't understand why the little mochi kept staring at it. She also wondered what video call meant.

After 30 minutes passed, Aunt Li didn't allow Ji Xiao Zhou to continue waiting. She decided to take away the tablet and said, "That's enough, Xiao Zhuo. It's 10 p.m. already, so your father won't call tonight. Now come with me for a bath. It's time for bed."

Ji Xiao Zhuo lowered his head and stayed silent. After a while, he climbed down from the sofa and followed Aunt Li into a room. Tang Tang had good eyesight, so she was able to notice that the little guy's eyes were red. He looked like he was going to cry.

Bao Bao appeared to be quite upset. Was he waiting for some news about his father? Was he upset because he couldn't wait any longer? But, military rules were strict, and they couldn't visit their families whenever they wanted. The little mochi most likely missed his father.

Tang Tang thought as she walked back into her room to take a bath. After spending a lot of effort, she finally figured out how things worked out in the bathroom. Once she finished cleaning herself, she was both mentally and physically exhausted.

However, even though she was in bed, Tang Tang couldn't easily fall asleep. Her mind kept thinking about all sorts of things. In the end, she kept recalling the little guy's red eyes and couldn't sleep. The next moment she got up and quietly opened the door before limping to his room, where she carefully turned the door's handle.

The bedside lamp was still on, and Tang Tang assumed it made it easier for the little guy when he wanted to go to the toilet at night. The little one was sleeping deeply in his bed. He was only wearing underwear, his mouth was slightly open, and his chubby legs and arms were spread out into a '大' shape. His stomach moved as he breathed. Also, if one were to listen carefully, they would be able to hear some snoring.

Tang Tang unconsciously smiled. She reached out to the little mochi's arm and gave him a little pinch. Her heart softened.

Even though she was not his real mother, she had now become his mother. She was also willing to be his mother, so she would watch after him well in the future. Otherwise, what was the reason she came here for? She always dreamt about having a family, and now she finally got one. This family was now her everything. If she didn't have a family, she wouldn't know what to do or which path she should take.