45.

Song of the Chapter: 505 by Arctic Monkeys

Malory's POV

"I still can't believe you said yes." Aary chuckles.

I zip up the back of my dress and turn back towards her. "It's not like we're going as a couple. We're just friends."

The second those words come out of my mouth, there's a knock at the door. Aary gets up before me and rushes over.

        (Aary's dress for the dance)

"Blaise is looking for you in the common room."

I look up from the mirror and see Theo standing in his all-black suit with a bouquet of flowers in his hands. Aary turns to me with an impressed look on her face.

"I want flowers." She mutters.

I feel my face turning pink but I try to hide it by looking back into the mirror. Aary leaves the room to go find Blaise, leaving Theo and I alone.

"Well, I must say," He says while walking over to me. "This is my favorite look from you by far."

My head tilts upwards and I make eye contact with him behind me in the mirror. He wiggles the bouquet of flowers in front of his face as a way of telling me to take them.

"I wasn't sure what your favorite flower is, but these smell the best."

"They're very pretty, thank you." I say with a smile.

He nods and holds his arm out for me to tangle mine in. I check myself one last time in the mirror, then the two of us exit my dorm.

"So like," Theo starts. "I know this is just a friend thing, but can I at least treat you like royalty for the evening?"

I raise my eyebrow. "Like royalty?"

"Yeah, you know. Give you a dramatic entrance to the ball and make everyone stare. Have a few slow dances..."

"I don't think that'll be necessary." I laugh.

His mouth opens to respond but the conversations coming from the common room gets in the way. We enter at the same time and both turn our heads in the direction of Draco and Pansy, who are hardly keeping their clothes on.

"Oh!" Pansy gasps when she sees us. "I'm sorry, we thought everyone had left-"

"No worries." I reassure her.

"Yeah, we were just heading out." Theo adds on.

I see Draco's expression change when he notices that I did in fact say yes to Theo. His jaw clenches and his hand grips the side of the table but he keeps his mouth shut.