Creepy Connie

Aliya's POV

Aliya's POV

"Ravi, that app is seriously not going to predict my future. Why can't we just go see a real psychic?" I asked my friend, as we sat at the kitchen table for breakfast

He look at from his IPad with a horrified look on his face, "How dare you insult the Mystical IBall. She's truthful and convenient. Real psychos don't live in my IPad."

"That's because real psychics aren't just some random app." I argued

Ravi looked around the kitchen for someone who would agree with him, taking notice of the only other person in the room, "Bertram, check out the new fortune telling app I downloaded. It's is called the Mystical iBall. It can see the future."

Bertram nodded but rolled his eyes at the young boy, "Oh, I can do that too. Am I done talking to Ravi about his stupid iBall app? Yes. Ooh, spooky!"

I smirked at the boy in front of me, making him angrier than he already was, "Please do not belittle my digital soothsayer."

Our conversation about the app was interrupted, when Zuri entered the kitchen with arms full of a variety of stuffed animals.

"Hey, Aliya, Ravi, you guys wanna play Pony Princesses with me?" She asked, while waving the arms of one of the animals

"Don't you dare do it." I snapped at the boy, watching him glance down at his IPad

"Too late." He smirked, "Mystical iBall, should I play Pony Princesses with Zuri?"

"Ask again later."

"I'm afraid I cannot commit at this time." Ravi shrugged

"I just need another princess in Ponylandia." Zuri whined

I smiled at the girl, hoping to get away from the stupid app for a couple of hours, "I'll play with you."

She looked me up and down before responding, "No offense, Aliya, but Pony Princess doesn't like you. She says you two have unresolved issues after you threw her down the stairs."

"She got glitter all over my sweatshirt!" I argued, glaring at the toy, before realizing that I was having an argument with a toy, "And now I'm yelling at a stuffed doll."

Bertram poured cereal into our bowls as Zuri took a spot at the table. I looked down at the short script in front of me, dreading monologue practice with my acting teacher. Reading a monologue is one thing, but having to do it in another language?

"Mystical iBall, should we consume this cereal?" Ravi asked the iPad once again

"Signs point to no."

Ravi slid his bowl away as Zuri poured milk onto hers, only for it to come out in a clumpy mess, "Ew! Chunky milk!"

"The Mystical iBall was right! That proves it can see the future!" Ravi cheered