CH.30

Darkon was watching Argentina and Merla as they were training, he was standing watching them with his hands folded to his chest.

Someone cleared his throat behind him, "so, you knew..." Eliase came beside Darkon, Darkon kept his face hard and didn't respond.

"C'mon man, what you said was harsh too." Eliase nudged Darkon in his arm.

Darkon sighed and stepped away, "you and Saraya have no shame, you two amaze me." He shook his head, after all what he said and done, Elaise just swap in and try to have a conversation with him as if nothing happened. Darkon was not only rude, he was cruel with his words, so why are they even getting close to him, he didn't know.

When Darkon noticed how Merla's posture was changing, he glared at her direction, "Merla! Change your posture, you are slacking off!" He shouted at Merla making her groan, but put her hand up in an okay returning back to her training with Argentina.

"You knew..." Eliase pretended that he didn't hear anything, and asked again. He was in a hellish good mood.

"What did I know?"

"That Saraya loves me, not you." Eliase couldn't help but gloat at the feeling these words gave to him. He remembered what happened two days ago so vividly. she loves me...

Eliase giggled by himself, looking more stupid than he actually was.

Darkon rolled his eyes, "I didn't know, you are just stupid." Eliase frowned and sighed.

Eliase had a speculation, Darkon likes to be rude to people all the time, him being nice is a way to say, I want something from you, or that the person is too innocent to be treated harshly, other than that he was rude as a scorpio. His hearing is super sharp, so Eliase was sure that Darkon knew that he was coming to the room."And you also heard me coming to your study room, is that why you said these words?" Eliase didn't understand how Darkon's mind worked, he said cruel words to what? Make Saraya get away from him and make her realise her feelings or something.

If that was the case then Darkon is still a child, and stupid. That thing he did was ultimately weird. Eliase continued shaking his head."If I am stupid, then you are double stupid, I feel sometimes like you are a kid." Eliase tskd shaking his head.

Darkon plincked and turned his head towards Eliase, "I am stupid?" He asked not believing what Eliase was saying.

"Yes, stupid. And don't forget a child." Eliase continued.

"Eliase..." Darkon warned.

"You thought that by saying these words you would be the bad guy and I am the hero, this in itself is a stupid idea. What are you twelve?" He huffed putting his hands on his hips.

"Just shut up, I told you that I don't want anyone near me, you and Sarya don't get it." Darkon didn't deny nor confirm, what he did the other day. His way of being embarrassed from something he did and not wanting to admit it.

Eliase at this moment didn't know what to say, he is pushing people away yet again, what was he so afraid of? "Your words for Saraya will not be forgiven, believe me. But, stop pushing us away from you. You will regret it." Eliase was serious this time, one day Darkon will know the value of them when it was too late. And he already experienced a bit when they were sixteen, when they were dumped inside a war when they were so young.

These were old scars that no one talked about. No one in the castle talked about the massacre the war three years ago caused to the peace inside the castle.

Eliase cut his train of thoughts grinning,"Now, tell me, how did you know that Saraya actually liked me not you." He was back at the subject again. Darkon could answer that question easily, and he appreciated that Eliase didn't wait for him to answer his previous 'you will regret it later' Darkon didn't want to have friends, didn't want to have a lover. Didn't want anyone or anything. He was fine on his own, no betrayals no lose. Alone at ease. Pushing people away is way easier than building friendship up. Much much easier.