Chapter 1~ Introduction

{Edited}

~Zack's pov~

I walked down the sidewalk, finally heading home after a long day at Hot Topic. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad working there, but it's the same thing every day: stack up all the supplies. I haven't even gotten a raise which sucks, but at least I'm making some money so I can't really complain.

My house soon came into view, letting out a relieved sigh. And no, I didn't get a house with a salary from Hot Topic. This used to be my parents house. They decided to travel the world while I stay home and try finding something to do with my life.

I was really glad I had tomorrow off, I needed some me time. Definitely going to spend the day watching movies and eating junk food, I deserve it. Hah. I soon reach the pale green front door of my house- I should really get that painted to something more normal, like a brown color. Honestly my parents have no taste. I take out the keys and unlock the door.

Once inside I take in a deep breath, my house smelling of mint and flowers. It was a very comforting smell...since it reminded me of my mother. I really do miss my parents, yet I wouldn't give up this sort of freedom.

I place my keys on the coffee table and kick off my shoes. "Finally! I'm home!" I shout to no one, my voice echoing through the mostly empty house. God I hated how creepy that was, the silence that always followed. Finding a roommate was starting to sound very good, I didn't want to live in this huge house all by myself.

A two story house definitely needed more people living here. At least three. The search for a roommate will have to wait, I still want some of that me time.

With another sigh, I finally sit down on the black leather couch. I turn on the tv and the news comes on, the reporter lady starts speaking "Good evening everyone, I am here in the downtown alley where another death has occurred-" before she could continue saying more, I shut off the tv. It's always the same thing, someone died in a alley or in their car. Usually the cause is blood loss.

Ever since I started living alone, those deaths began to occur. I sometimes fear that I will be next. I'm an easy target, having no relatives nearby, and living all alone. I shake those thoughts away, turning the tv back on but changing it quickly to some cartoon channel.

I leave the tv on while getting off the couch to head upstairs into the master bedroom, I grabbed some comfortable clothing from my dresser and set it on the bed before entering the bathroom that was attached to the room.

I turn on the water and wait a while till it turns warm enough to my liking, I even add some bubble soap in there. I may be an adult, but I still enjoy my bubble baths. I step into the tub and slowly close me eyes, relaxing into the water.

Once I feel refreshed and the tension from work today is gone, I stand up and let the tub water zoom down the drain before taking a quick shower to wash off any bubbles. I step out of the tub and wrap a towel around my waist and walk into my room.

I slip into the clothes that I had set out, thankful for something so damn comfortable being made. I walk towards my bed but stop when I hear a noise come from the balcony. This is why I want a roommate, just someone to live here so I can count on when spooky shit like this happens.

I would rather just snuggle up in my bed, but I know I won't sleep if I don't find out what made noise. So with a shaky sigh, I move towards my balcony, pulling the curtains to the side so I can peek outside. Huh...nothing. It was most likely a squirrel, damn critters running around scaring the shit out of me.

I just shrug off my uneasiness, repeating to myself that it was a squirrel and somehow I end up believing myself after a couple hundred times of repeating that line. Yet I made sure the balcony doors were locked, adjusting the curtains close then stepping away. I jump into my bed and flick off the lights, snuggling into the comfy sheets.

"Good night Zack" I mumble to myself and snuggle into my pillow even more, drifting off too sleep. Dreaming of squirrels.

-----------

Hope you like!

Please vote and comment