Chapter 10

Edits by Naravil

"Xiao Zhuo, who brought you here today to play? Is it Aunt Li?" The elder asked.

"Grandma Li went home to look after the little baby. Mummy brought me here to play."

The elder was shocked, "Your mother? How come she brought you here?" That woman never cared about Xiao Zhuo before.

Ji Xiao Zhuo nodded, "It's true. It was Mummy who took me here."

"Would that woman be so nice? Isn't she just tricking you? Did she make you do anything?" Was that woman planning something? He really didn't understand what Ji Yan was thinking when he married a woman like that!

Ji Xiao Zhuo tugged on the elder's hand and seriously said, "Great Grandpa, Mummy is not tricking me. She has become good, and she is nice now. Great Grandpa shouldn't curse Mummy anymore."

The elder let out a heavy 'hnn' before saying, "How can someone like your mother turn good, she must be planning something!"

Currently, Ji Xiao Zhuo couldn't stand people saying that his mother was bad, so he pulled his hand back and seriously said, "Great grandpa, don't say any bad things about my mother again otherwise I'll get angry."

Seeing that his great grandson was not willing to hold his arm anymore, the elder quickly compromised, "Ok, ok, ok, Great Grandpa won't say anything anymore. I won't speak badly about your mother either, but you need to remember that you can't tell your parents about our meeting. This is our secret."

Ji Xiao Zhuo readily nodded his head, "I know. I will keep our secret."

The elder noticed that it was getting late, and it wasn't good to carry on chatting, so he stroked the little one's head and said, "Ok. You should go back. Great Grandpa will see you again next time."

"Okay. Bye-bye, Great Grandpa!" Ji Xiao Zhuo started his little car and went to find his mother. In the end, he got found by Tang Tang halfway.

Tang Tang only felt like she was going to be scared to death. When she saw Ji Xiao Zhuo, she immediately threw the crutches away and hugged the little one tightly. The tears that she had been holding, started to come out and they streamed down her face as she sobbed, "Where did you go? I thought I would never see you again. Did you know how scared I was?"

Seeing Tang Tang cry, Ji Xiao Zhuo froze. He realized that his secret meeting with his great grandpa had frightened his mummy. He instantly felt guilty and apologized, "Sorry, Mummy. I shouldn't have gone off by myself. Don't cry, mummy."

Tang Tang held Xiao Zhuo tightly. She couldn't control her tears yet. She really thought that she had lost Xiao Zhuo. What would she do if he got kidnapped by children trafficking? Even her death wouldn't be enough to compensate.

When Ji Xiao Zhuo saw that Tang Tang was still crying, his eyes started to redden. After thinking for a moment, he mimicked Tang Tang's actions when she coaxed him. He patted on Tang Tang's shoulder while saying, "Mummy, Bao Bao was wrong. Forgive me. Mummy, don't cry anymore, okay?"

Tang Tang rubbed her tears away and rubbed the Xiao Zhuo's tears as well before asking, "Where did you go? Why didn't you tell Mummy and went so far by yourself, ah?"

Instantly, Ji Xiao Zhuo lowered his head as he didn't dare to look at her in the eye. He tapped his fingers together and replied with a guilty conscience, "Nothing much. I just went to play." He promised his great grandpa not to say anything. Otherwise his daddy would get angry.

Tang Tang felt like Xiao Zhuo didn't tell her the truth, but since he wasn't willing to say it, she won't force him either. She pulled on his hand and warned, "Next time, you can't just go off without a word, okay? Mummy will worry."