Chapter 12

Edits by Naravil

Seeing that his daddy was just thinking and didn't say anything, Ji Xiao Zhuo moved his body to Ji Yan's chest as he didn't want to be ignored. His little hands touched the stubble on Ji Yan's chin and asked, "Daddy, how many days are you staying for?"

Ji Yan supported Xiao Zhuo so he wouldn't fall, "Daddy will be staying for five days this time."

"Wa– Five days!" Ji Xiao Zhuo's eyes lit up. For Ji Yan, five days was considered to be a long break. Ji Xiao Zhuo had never spent so many days together with his daddy in one go. Xiao Zhuo was so happy that he couldn't help but ask the question he cared about the most, "Daddy, daddy, where are you taking me to play?"

Ji Yan laughed lightly. His expression had a touch of gentleness, which was rare for anyone else to see, "Alright, daddy will take you to play. Don't you have school holidays soon? I'll take you out during the holidays."

"That's great!" I want to go to the theme park and the aquarium. Many of my classmates went there before." Although there wasn't any jealousy in his expression, Xiao Zhuo still wanted to go to those places with his mummy and daddy.

"Ok. We'll go." Because he had no time and Tang Tang never cared in the past, the little one had never been to the places where all children loved to go and play. Since he was free this time, how couldn't he agree?

"Um –." Ji Xiao Zhuo was really happy, so he rolled around on Ji Yan like a little caterpillar. He rolled around as he spoke, "Then, are you going to take me to the nursery tomorrow, daddy?"

"Of course, daddy will drive to the nursery tomorrow."

Ji Xiao Zhuo stopped rolling, and instead, he sat up and faced Ji Yan, "And mummy as well. I want you and mummy to drop me off at the nursery tomorrow. I also want both of you to pick me up. We can't leave mummy alone. She will cry if she can't see me." Mummy couldn't part from him.

". . . Ok," Ji Yan replied.

The little one became very excited when he thought about tomorrow as both his parents would take him to the nursery together. Realizing that it was not the best idea to express his emotions on top of his father, Xiao Zhuo got off Ji Yan and rolled around on the bed. He only stopped when he got tired. Afterwards Xiao Zhuo lifted his chubby legs and swayed them while humming a song, but no one understood what song he was humming.

Ji Yan discovered that Ji Xiao Zhuo was much happier this time compared to the other times he came back. Even though Xiao Zhuo had always been a lot livelier in front of him, compared to being in front of other people, he had never been so happy. Was it because of Tang Tang's change?

Ji Yan suddenly thought that maybe he made the correct decision when he didn't divorce Tang Tang a few years ago. Xiao Zhuo was finally receiving the mother's love that he had always been hoping to have.

————————————

On the next day, Ji Yan woke up at six like usual. He glanced at Ji Xiao Zhuo and saw that the little one was spread out with his stomach out as he slept deeply. Ji Yan covered Xiao Zhuo's stomach with the blanket before he quietly left and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

Tang Tang was shocked when she saw Ji Yan, "You ... Why are you up so early?"

Ji Yan didn't think she would be awake so early either. He nodded to her as a greeting, "I'm going out for a run."

"Oh, okay. I'm going to make breakfast. Is there anything you like in particular? I can make it for you."

Initially, Ji Yan wanted to say that he could buy breakfast outside, but he decided to swallow those words down, "Anything will be fine. Xiao Zhuo and I are not picky."