Chapter 14

Edits by Naravil

The environment and decor of the restaurant were better than what Tang Tang had expected. The restaurant had shiny marble floors that reflected people's reflection. Everyone was bright and beautiful. A pretty woman sitting in the center playing the piano. Tang Tang could tell at a glance that this was not an average restaurant.

Tang Tang was shocked. There was no need to ask to know that it would be expensive to eat at this restaurant.

Tang Tang pulled on Ji Yan's sleeve hurriedly.

"What's wrong?" Ji Yan looked at her confused.

Afraid that the staff would hear her, Tang Tang moved closer, and under Ji Yan's suspicious gaze, she whispered in his ear, "This place looks expensive. Let's not go in. It would be wasteful. I can cook for you and Bao Bao at home. We can save money that way." Currently, Ji Yan was the only one who worked and earned money. Bao Bao and herself were both relying on him to live, and there were Aunt Li's wages as well. His salary wasn't a lot, so they shouldn't spend money recklessly.

Ji Yan froze. He never expected that Tang Tang would say something like that. To think that she would actually worry about saving money and wasn't willing to spend his money.

In the past, Tang Tang would always ask him for money constantly with her hands open. Even the monthly allowance he gave her was never enough, and now she was ...

It was hard to describe his current feelings. Ji Yan replied, "It's not a problem. I can still afford eating here occasionally. Also, Xiao Zhuo really likes the food here."

Once Ji Xiao Zhuo was mentioned, Tang Tang hesitated before letting it go, "Then ... then all right. I don't want ice cream. You can just get one for Xiao Zhuo."

For a moment, Ji Yan didn't know if he should laugh or cry. He could still afford to buy ice cream. He didn't need her to save that bit of money for him.

When they ordered, Ji Yan ordered two ice creams as well as their main meal. The ice creams were for Tang Tang and Ji Xiao Zhuo.

Tang Tang pulled on Ji Yan's sleeve again and anxiously said, "Why did you order two ice creams? I said I don't want to eat it. One ice cream cost a lot. I can make two dishes for that price."

"... It's fine. I can afford it. Don't worry and eat." He was not used to her calculating the costs, and he couldn't get used to this unexpected change either. He kept having a feeling that this person wasn't the Tang Tang he knew.

When Ji Xiao Zhuo saw his mummy behaving like this, he pondered for a moment before pulling on Tang Tang's clothes, "Mummy, don't worry. After this meal, I'll eat less at home to help daddy save money."

Seeing that both father and son wanted her to eat it, Tang Tang resigned, "All right. But once we get home, mummy will learn to make ice cream, so I can make it for you in the future and save money." Tang Tang remembered that the food program she watched last time had made a type of ice cream. She could learn from that program.

Ji Xiao Zhuo nodded, "Okay, mummy. I won't buy ice cream from now on to help daddy save money."

Ji Yan was speechless. How poor did they think he was that they had to learn to make ice cream themselves to eat?

Afraid that the mother and son would carry on discussing money-saving measures, Ji Yan pushed the ice cream closer to them to end the topic, "All right, let's eat first. Otherwise, the ice cream will melt."

When they heard that the ice cream would melt, the mother and son quickly picked up their spoon and started to eat. This was Tang Tang's first time eating ice cream. Even though she had seen it on TV before, she didn't know what it tasted like. Tang Tang didn't expect the taste to be so strong. Her mouth was filled with sweetness. No wonder Xiao Zhuo liked it so much.