Chapter 55 - The Gods alley

The next day everyone was up bright and early ready to start another exciting day in Egypt. Some of them however was not up at 6 am by choice. For example Rosalie had been jumped on by three overexcited lion Cubs, who had just arrived with the help of the house elves. Sirius and Remus had decided to bring the Cubs with them, seeing as their birthplace was extremely hot too and they would feel right at home with the heat. Unlike Hedwig who probably would not have survived the heat, so they had decided it was best to leave her at home. She would be alright on her own, and if she wasn't the house elves would look after her.

Rosalie sighed miserably as she got up. She had been extremely comfortable in her bed and she was definitely not prepared to go outside to the sweltering heat. No matter how many cooling charms you put on yourself, sometimes the heat clings to you. As usual Rosalie was the first person awake, although she couldn't be certain about the adults, who were in different tents she knew them well enough to know that none of them ever woke up before 7 am. She didn't know about the curse breakers though having only just met them, but she would take a wild guess and say that they wouldn't have been awake at 6am either.

This meant that Rosalie had about an hour before anyone woke up so she decided to make breakfast. Cooking was one of Rosalie's favourite activities now that she could eat it as well. She preferred baking but making actual meals was just as enjoyable to her, she hadn't cooked a proper meal since she moved into Potter Manor, the house elves did the cooking and they hated when people got in the way. Luckily Rosalie had her own little kitchen, but she mainly baked in there.

Rosalie decided that a traditional English breakfast would be her best bet, as she knew everyone in her family liked at least some parts of a fry up, she wasn't as sure about the curse breakers, or even if they would be up or want breakfast for that matter. But she decided she would make enough for everyone just in case. As she cooked Rosalie softly hummed to herself as she let her drift, which meant that she didn't realise Fred walking into the tent kitchen.

Fred stared at Rosalie with a dopey grin on his face. When he first met Rosie he thought she was going to be like many other Slytherins he had come across. Cruel and rude and ready to hex you as soon as your back was turned, just like Ron said she was. He had been complaining to Fred and George about Rosalie Potter being a traitor and just like any other Slytherin, he even got Hermione Granger voicing her opinion on the matter. Fred never really understood their friendship, and honestly he even still didn't, they had nothing in common, except their obsession with Rosalie. Which he kind of got now, with Dumbledore being a manipulative dick. However that didn't mean that Hermione and Ron actually had to hang with each other, but Fred didn't think that he had ever seen one without the other. When Fred and George finally met Rosalie they decided to just believe Ron, he was their little brother after all.

But Rosalie was different, she wasn't at all like how Ron described her. When he and George asked her to join them in pranking the school they genuinely didn't believe she would agree. Slytherins never worked with Gryffindors, and usually when Slytherins pranked the school it was usually on the Gryffindors, and vice versa. But Rosalie joined in on the prank, and then another and then another. Fred thought she was genius, some of her ideas were incredible and he hadn't stopped laughing when she was around. But the most impressive thing about her, was that she could tell them apart, when even their own mother struggled with it. So even after only a few short months of knowing her, Fred could honestly say that he was completely and madly in love with her. He had never felt like this before, she was truly perfect for him, willing to humour his and George's more crazy schemes, and sometimes even come along for the ride. Other times she was the only one who would calm him down and they would just relax around each other. The only other person Fred had been like that with was George.